Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Remote control of Nikon D200, and microscope cameras

Leif e2
10 722
22 Aug 2009 10:15AM
Two questions for the price of one.

1) Are there any (cheaper) alternatives to the Nikon Control software which allows remote control, via USB, of a Nikon DSLR?

2) Has anyone experience with the ScopeTek digital microscope camera? It looks like a World War 2 German grenade, and attaches to an eyepiece tube, or photo port. I bought one for use with a microscope, as I do not like using my D200. Vibrations are an issue (partially cured with a remove release), and I would rather have a dedicated camera. But the software is not documented: what precisely are gain and target? And I see off artifacts in the background, not visible in D200 images. White balance is hard to achieve. Anyone had success with these devices?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stevekhart e2
8 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2009 10:21AM
You could give Breeze a try, it costs $95
Leif e2
10 722
22 Aug 2009 8:36PM

Quote:You could give Breeze a try, it costs $95

Thanks. I'll check out the reviews, but it looks like it could be just the job.
Leif e2
10 722
23 Aug 2009 9:16PM
Just in case anyone is interested, it looks as if MICAM provides a much better alternative to the Scope Tek software:

link
Sylar e2
6 95 England
24 Aug 2009 4:56PM
Can you tell me if the Breeze's software is as good as the Nikon control software?
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2009 6:29PM

Quote:Can you tell me if the Breeze's software is as good as the Nikon control software?

No idea, and "as good" is a subjective thing anyway, Why not download it & give it a test - it has a free 15 day trial.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.