Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Remote cord

Kool_Kat e2
8 162 United Kingdom
23 Feb 2011 9:21AM
When I use my remote cord on my D300s I cant see the shots on the LED screen until I remove the cord am I doing it wrong
anyone out there with the answer
Thanks Kath

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
23 Feb 2011 10:18AM
It should not be like that!

Unless.....

If your remote release is like several of mine, the button will have a sliding function which locks it for long exposures. On some it is quite easy to slide the button up to the lock position inadvertently when pressing it.

Check that is not happening as it has the same effect as holding down the shutter release button after the exposure.
Kool_Kat e2
8 162 United Kingdom
23 Feb 2011 10:30AM
No its not that Sad
Thank you
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
23 Feb 2011 3:38PM
In that case, Kath, all I can suggest is that it might be a wee electrical fault - either in the remote or (hopefully not) in the camera.

If you can, try a different release on your camera (they only cost a couple of pounds including postage on eBay and the cheapos are every bit as good as the Nikon ones - which is why I have several, one for each camera bag).

If you get the same fault with a different release, then it is back to the shop with the camera.
Kool_Kat e2
8 162 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2011 10:16AM
Hi
Thanks for the help and advice I went out and bought a wireless remote trying it out this afternoon I will look at e-Bay as the one I bought was 60
Kath

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.