Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Remote for Nikon D70

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Diana
Diana e2 Member 72011 forum postsDiana vcard Netherlands19 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 3:07 PM

please could someone/anyone advise the most suitable remote shutter for a nikon D70 not sure if i should have infra red or the one that plugs into the side
thanks in anticipation

Dianna

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Oct 2007 - 3:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87281 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 3:17 PM

Have a look HERE

Diana
Diana e2 Member 72011 forum postsDiana vcard Netherlands19 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 3:19 PM

Thanks Cathy i have been looking at these, but have been told they are more trouble than they are worth and wonderd if i should go for the more traditional type thats all
Dianna

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 3:27 PM

The D70 does not take the traditional cable remote, the infra red is the only one which works. I'm not sure why you have been told they are more trouble than they are worth, I used mine constantly without any problems and Robbie also has no problems with hers.

With the IR you just need to make sure you are pointing it somewhere near the front of the camera, which is no problem unless you are stood more than a couple of feet behind it (not sure why you would be).

Ian

yak_farmer
10 Oct 2007 - 3:31 PM

Dianna,

If I recall, when it comes to remote shutter releases for the D70 you don't really have much of a choice. The D70 isn't capable of being fired with a cable release so the only option is to go down the infra-red route, the official Nikon unit isn't to bad on cost and at least you'll know it'll work.

Andy.

Diana
10 Oct 2007 - 3:32 PM

oh really.... i only inherited the camera a short while ago so not that sure on what it does and does not yet, but on your advice i will follow cathys link to ebay

thanks all

Dianna

Diana
10 Oct 2007 - 3:39 PM

Andy thanks but have just found cable release for nikon D70 on ebay too.. (can't do the link thing but they are on there)

Dianna

Last Modified By Diana at 10 Oct 2007 - 3:43 PM
digicammad
10 Oct 2007 - 3:48 PM

The D70 won't take a cable release Dianna. I'm not sure if the D70s will, perhaps the release you have seen is for that. If it isn't then it is probably some gadget to fire the IR using a cable release.

If you can't do the link, just paste the URL and I'll sort out the link for you.

AlleyCatz
AlleyCatz  8274 forum posts England6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 3:59 PM

Hi there.... I have used the Nikon ML-L3 Remote with a D70 & D70s for the last 2 years.Very easy to use and no cable to get in the way (like with the one I now use for my D200) I can honestly say it has never failed in any way and is still going strong today.
Hope that helps.

~Alley~

Last Modified By AlleyCatz at 10 Oct 2007 - 4:01 PM
Diana
10 Oct 2007 - 4:01 PM

here is the link for cable shutter
Link
Edited by moderator to fix link

thanks Dianna

Last Modified By mdpontin at 10 Oct 2007 - 4:04 PM
digicammad
10 Oct 2007 - 4:06 PM

That's for a D70s Dianna, is it definitely the D70 you have?

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 4:12 PM

Dianna if it is the ML-L3 that you need I found my old one the other day, figuring it was worth nothing I was going to bin it.

Presuming that the postage to you would not be prohibitive I'm happy to send to you if you PM me with address details.

I'll have to find it again as I put it in a box of things to be sorted out, so it won't be until Friday at the earliest.

Diana
10 Oct 2007 - 4:16 PM

andy yes a D70 i didnt now there was a D70 s i'll double check when I get home ... Cheryl wow I'll PM you of course
thanks a billion
Dianna

digicammad
10 Oct 2007 - 4:17 PM

That's Ian, not Andy, but I'll forgive you. Smile

Madam Surry proves once again what a star she is.

Ian

Diana
10 Oct 2007 - 4:20 PM

sorry to get names wrong I'm at work and not concentrating properly, yes what an absolute star Cheryl is!!!!

thanks all for the advice, will check later on camera and get back to the topic after 9.00pm
thanks
back to the admin now!!!

Dianna

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.