Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Remote release for K10?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Osool
    Osool  11 Scotland
    4 Jun 2012 - 10:22 AM

Could anyone point me to a decent remote release? I would like to use it in bulb mode but am a bit puzzled as to the operation in this mode. Do i have to hold the button for the duration? Is there a remote that will time the exposure? Never used bulb mode before so i'm a bit unsure of how it all works. All. advice greatfully received. Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jun 2012 - 10:22 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chrism8
    Chrism8 e2 Member 7729 forum postsChrism8 vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2012 - 10:29 AM

The pentax one is good, you then have 2 options, hold the button down and the shutter stays open, or it can be locked in position then unlocked to close the shutter.

The camera will time the exposure up to 30 seconds, if you need more than this, the stop watch function on a mobile phone is what I use.

Cheers

Chris

doingthebobs
    1 Aug 2012 - 6:39 PM

Pentax do wired remotes and wireless/water resistant remotes.

Have a look on ebay. There are wired remotes, wireless remotes, radio controlled remotes and timer remotes/interval remotes. Some do more than one thing as well. 7dayshop also usually have some for Pentax.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Aug 2012 - 6:54 PM

I have just reviewed this one Hahnel Giga T Pro II and used it on the K10D. You can get a basic one for a much lower price but you have to time exposures longer than 30 seconds. The Hahnel and others with a timer mode can be set for hours if necessary using the camera automatically locked open on the B-setting.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.