Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Remote shutter switch 30D

theredbaron 8 394 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2006 4:37PM
I have just ordered a non-Canon Accessory.
This is not like me but I found one on ebay.
Canon remote switches are up to 100.
The ebay one is 15 inc p&p and has links to customer reviews of the Canon one saying how over priced it is!
Anyone got any experience of non-Canon remotes?
Chris Brown (Herts)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tigerminx 10 237 South Africa
20 Nov 2006 4:41PM
I use one that I purchased from B&H for my 30D, only realised it wasn't the Canon brand when it arrived. Works perfectly, even for bulb exposures.

Bruce.
justin c 11 4.6k 36 England
20 Nov 2006 4:46PM
The standard Canon Remote release's are 39.99.
That's the timer remote relaese thats 100,which isn't really needed unless you shoot frequently at exposures longer than 30 seconds,then it would be very useful.

Yes they are quite expensive for what they are,but then again so are most things to do with photography unfortunately.

I'm not familiar with the compatible releases,but I'm sure they're fine.There isn't really an awful lot to them.

Justin.
nikon5700ite 10 1.8k
20 Nov 2006 6:53PM
I got mine from Hardman at Ebay, has a two stage button duplicating half and full trigger.
stevenj 11 2.0k England
20 Nov 2006 9:04PM
Got a link?
ksh 10 467
20 Nov 2006 9:11PM
This could be the man
deanl 9 313
22 Nov 2006 8:34PM
I upgraded my 300d to a 30d a few months ago only to find my original canon remote (18.99) had a completeley different fitting to my new 30d. Another nice little earner for canon, considering they are exactly the same except for the actual adapter, twice the price seems a lot to pay IMHO. I got a replica one from Germany (Addit) and has worked fine, although it is a little bit rough around the edges compared to the original, does the job exactly the same.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.