Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Removing ICC profiles

liteman 4 29 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2011 11:24AM
In print in Photoshop CS4 I'm presented with a page of ICC profiles when I try to select the right profile to use under "Printer Profile". Is there any way of removing the unwanted profiles and just leaving the ones I have set up for the monitor & printer/paper combinations I will be using. I have tried deleting them using explorer but they still appear in PS

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
26 Jan 2011 1:31PM
\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color (Win7 / Vista /XP)

Delete what you don't need.

Smile
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
26 Jan 2011 1:33PM
Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color

remember to delete unwanted profiles whilst PS is closed and then re-boot. Be careful which ones you delete, however.

grrrr
Wink
26 Jan 2011 4:22PM
It might be safer to save them somewhere just in case.
liteman 4 29 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2011 4:31PM
I have removed the unwanted ones in explorer, Windows>System32>spool>drivers>color, (I have taken the precaution of moving the unwanted profiles to another folder) and rebooted but they are still showing in PS
Dave_Canon 8 939 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2011 5:52PM
You do not say which OS you use. If you use Vista look in the Control Panel and you will find "Color Management". This is a use friendly way of managing Colour profiles. For XP, it does not come with this but there used to be a Color Applet you could download from Microsoft which did more or less the same thing. Finally if you use a monitor calibrator, some versions include profile management software.

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.