Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

rendering

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ellaguru
    ellaguru  3
    2 Jan 2013 - 7:37 PM

Can anyone please instruct me on how to render a photo useing photoshop 7?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Jan 2013 - 7:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Craggwildlife
    Craggwildlife e2 Member 572 forum postsCraggwildlife vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jan 2013 - 8:31 PM

try this it may be of some help
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mapEKtSIvUQ

david

bigalguitarpicker

I looked at the title of this post and thought "Render a photograph? What's that mean?" So, I followed Craggwildlife's link and then went to Wikipedia for background info. Fascinating. Lots to look at, lots to learn, lots to think about. The major reaction I have to this post though, is that I completed an Honours degree in Creative Imaging in June 2011 and I never heard a single word uttered on this subject. I know absolutely Sweet F**k All about this! Self study required to bring myself up to speed!

User_Removed
    5 Jan 2013 - 4:30 PM

I also looked at the link and all I saw was a guy making a rough pen selection in Photoshop and cutting it out to use elsewhere. Although the video was titled something about rendering, I still don't know what it means.

To me, "rendering" is what Lightroom does to produce an on-screen image from my Raw files so that I can work on them non-destructively and export the results as Jpegs, Tiffs or whatever.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72220 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jan 2013 - 6:41 PM

: to transmit to another
    : to furnish for consideration

I'm most familiar with this term from the building trade, where bricked walls are rendered smooth with a cement mix.
    More recently I have become familiar with the term in image manipulation, in a way that the above video link describes,
    where 2 or more images are rendered together to produce one image.
    The ease or difficulty in the technique used to complete this process depends very much on the subject matter -
    even the latest 'Refine Edge' facility in photoshop has caused challenges for me, when trying to separate a subject from a plain bg, the main problem being hair.

Maybe the OP could elaborate in more detail as to exactly what they want to achieve in the rendering that they enquire about?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.