Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

rendering

2 Jan 2013 7:37PM
Can anyone please instruct me on how to render a photo useing photoshop 7?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

2 Jan 2013 8:31PM
try this it may be of some help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mapEKtSIvUQ

david
I looked at the title of this post and thought "Render a photograph? What's that mean?" So, I followed Craggwildlife's link and then went to Wikipedia for background info. Fascinating. Lots to look at, lots to learn, lots to think about. The major reaction I have to this post though, is that I completed an Honours degree in Creative Imaging in June 2011 and I never heard a single word uttered on this subject. I know absolutely Sweet F**k All about this! Self study required to bring myself up to speed!
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
5 Jan 2013 4:30PM
I also looked at the link and all I saw was a guy making a rough pen selection in Photoshop and cutting it out to use elsewhere. Although the video was titled something about rendering, I still don't know what it means.

To me, "rendering" is what Lightroom does to produce an on-screen image from my Raw files so that I can work on them non-destructively and export the results as Jpegs, Tiffs or whatever.
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2013 6:41PM
: to transmit to another
: to furnish for consideration

I'm most familiar with this term from the building trade, where bricked walls are rendered smooth with a cement mix.
More recently I have become familiar with the term in image manipulation, in a way that the above video link describes,
where 2 or more images are rendered together to produce one image.
The ease or difficulty in the technique used to complete this process depends very much on the subject matter -
even the latest 'Refine Edge' facility in photoshop has caused challenges for me, when trying to separate a subject from a plain bg, the main problem being hair.

Maybe the OP could elaborate in more detail as to exactly what they want to achieve in the rendering that they enquire about?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.