Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Repair issue

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mad abt cars & gals

Hi! Way back in 2003, I purchased a pre-owned Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-4 Aspherical lens (Serial No. 1007309) from Jessops, UK. Shortly after my return to India, the lens stopped working and since it was not possible for me to send it back to Jessops, I kept it stored with the idea of getting it repaired and using it again someday. As Sigma does not have a presence in India I gave it to a reputed standalone local service centre in New Delhi for resuscitation.

I have since been informed that the circular film-type pcb at the bayonet mount-end of the lens needs replacing. Apparently, the lens is so old that finding spares for it is difficult... Are spares available for this lens in the UK, considering I purchased it there?

It would be a pity to scrap the lens as optically the lens is (was) rather good... Sad

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Dec 2011 - 5:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper
    Snapper  93752 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Dec 2011 - 6:29 PM

I think your best bet would be to try Sigma themselves and see what they can tell you. Good luck!

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53627 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Dec 2011 - 12:56 PM

Or look for copies on ebay that may have that part still in-tact for salvage and reuse.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.