Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Repair issue

19 Dec 2011 5:52PM
Hi! Way back in 2003, I purchased a pre-owned Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-4 Aspherical lens (Serial No. 1007309) from Jessops, UK. Shortly after my return to India, the lens stopped working and since it was not possible for me to send it back to Jessops, I kept it stored with the idea of getting it repaired and using it again someday. As Sigma does not have a presence in India I gave it to a reputed standalone local service centre in New Delhi for resuscitation.

I have since been informed that the circular film-type pcb at the bayonet mount-end of the lens needs replacing. Apparently, the lens is so old that finding spares for it is difficult... Are spares available for this lens in the UK, considering I purchased it there?

It would be a pity to scrap the lens as optically the lens is (was) rather good... Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
19 Dec 2011 6:29PM
I think your best bet would be to try Sigma themselves and see what they can tell you. Good luck!
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2011 12:56PM
Or look for copies on ebay that may have that part still in-tact for salvage and reuse.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.