Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Replacement battery for the 7D

strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
25 Jan 2011 11:43PM
No I mean in-charger fire that can then lead onto a fire in your house.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

27 Jan 2011 9:09PM
At the time I commented on the Ebay Canon battery there was one there! Can't find it now!
However the one I got hold of IS a genuine battery, absolutely identical to the one supplied with my 7D
Worth keeping a lookout for.
28 Jan 2011 9:42AM
IF I was going to charge (anything) overnight, I would do it standing on the draining board or similar so that if it did catch fire it wouldn't burn the house down! I don't think any of the batteries have thermal cutouts, I think they would be in the chager?

My biggest concern would be the possibility of the battery getting warm in the camera, during heavy current drain, and expanding, possibly damaging the camera. Highly unlikely but an outside possibility.
28 Jan 2011 10:26AM

Quote:No I mean in-charger fire that can then lead onto a fire in your house.

One member here reported this happening to him awhile ago.

All components used in these devices should meet the regulatory flammability requirements but, unfortunately, these things still happen.
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2011 12:25PM

Quote:I don't think any of the batteries have thermal cutouts, I think they would be in the chager?
The problem is the battery is a bit remote from the charger in many cases so it is best to put it in the battery. As I understand it the canon genuine ones do have a thermal cut out, but I have not taken one apart to see, nasty chemicals in any case.
1 Feb 2011 11:17AM
Good news for all the 5D and 7D owners out there. I have received my 9.99 "replacement" LP-E6 battery from 7dayshop.com and it works a treat, just like the 50+ original from Canon, giving all the information in the "battery info. menu tab.

It is identical except it hasn't got "Canon" on it and it only cost 9.99 instead of the extortionate 50+ from the OEM.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?&products_id=109461

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.