Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Report e-mail scams, National Fraud Authority urges

MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
26 Feb 2011 11:49AM
BBC article link

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

looboss 7 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2011 3:47PM
It's the something for nothing greed factor that kicks in and that is why people fall for these scams,
you don't get something for nothing SIMPLES!
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
26 Feb 2011 4:00PM
Not all scams work on the need for people being greedy.

Some appear to be a genuine product or service that someone wants or needs and is happy to pay for.
looboss 7 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2011 4:04PM
there is always an enticer to reel people in, otherwise it is hardly unlikely that people change their shopping habits or usual vendors...
MikeA 9 1.2k England
26 Feb 2011 10:10PM
Ok if you have half an hour or more to report a scam, they don't tell you that in the publicity blurb. Good idea, poor execution.
mrcal 10 1.0k
27 Feb 2011 8:06AM

Quote:Ok if you have half an hour or more to report a scam, they don't tell you that in the publicity blurb. Good idea, poor execution.

Why half an hour? I read it to be as simple as forwarding the suspect email. Have I missed something?
MikeA 9 1.2k England
27 Feb 2011 10:19AM

Quote:Welcome to the Action Fraud reporting form
Making a fraud report

The form will take you through a series of questions about the incident you are reporting, including questions about the suspect. Any mandatory fields are marked with this symbol required

You will normally need around 20 to 30 minutes to complete the form. Once you have started the form you will need to complete it in one session, so before you begin, please make sure you have any relevant information to hand. For example names, dates, information about the suspect, and details of how any money was lost. Please note that you will be timed out of the form and will have to start from the beginning if your computer is left idle for more than 60 minutes.

Quote:[b]Why half an hour? I read it to be as simple as forwarding the suspect email. Have I missed something?[/b]

I guess you must have Tongue
mrcal 10 1.0k
27 Feb 2011 11:36AM
The form to which you refer seems to be for reporting an actual fraud while the OP's linked BBC article highlights a new service by which one can simply forward scam emails.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.