Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Reputable dealer ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    youngboo
    youngboo  2
    9 Nov 2011 - 11:03 PM

Hi, am a new member...please be gentle !

Can anyone recommend a reputable and reasonably priced dealer ? Am looking for either the canon eos 60d or 7d, prob the 60d, and have read that a lot of online stores are selling grey imports.
    I'm aware that this means there would be no canon waranty, not sure if it's a risk i would like to take. Apart from the warrany issue, are there any physical diferences between a UK spec canon and a grey import ?
    I've a couple of lenses at the moment(have an eos 400d body with kit 18-55, canon 28-105, canon 55-250 and a 50 mm prime lens) so was thinking perhaps buying body only and maybe another lens second hand - canon 17-85 IS

Appologies if posted in wrong area

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Nov 2011 - 11:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Overread
    Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2011 - 11:21 PM

The Camera bodies are all made in the same factories and then shipped out globally; thus a legitimate camera from any market will come with the same features, build quality and box contents.

As for good, reliable dealers in the UK you can start at Camera Price Buster which lists a good number of online dealers as well as prices for the products (as well as a very helpful chart on the previous price of the products as well).

It does not list them all and many local retailers and smaller shops won't be listed; in addition its manually updated so you will have to check prices on the specific websites to ensure that they have remained the same.

User_Removed
    10 Nov 2011 - 7:19 AM

Try Ian Kerr who has a shop on eBay. Goes under the name of Kerso or Flassh cameras.
    Bought from him many times and NEVER had a problem......especially with the price!

mlanda
    mlanda e2 Member 4mlanda vcard United Kingdom
    10 Nov 2011 - 9:44 AM

Try MPB they currently have a selection of used 7D and 60D. All come with 6 months warranty.
    Have bought from them with no problems.

http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/used-equipment/used-digital-slr-cameras/used-ca...

User_Removed
    10 Nov 2011 - 9:55 AM

Amazon.co.uk can be very good for price - but a warning: Make sure anything you buy from the Amazon website is being "sold and shipped by Amazon". There are a lot of 3rd Party Vendors who appear on the Amazon listings and some may not be as reliable as others. Anything from Amazon itself will be OK.

Also, most of the big suppliers who advertise week after week or month after month in the UK photo comics tend to be reliable - offhand I think of Park, Mifsuds, Ffordes, Wex, etc. Just phone first to check stock position.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 10 Nov 2011 - 9:56 AM
    gpwalton
    gpwalton  1390 forum posts
    10 Nov 2011 - 10:25 AM

I can recommend London Camera Exchange who have shops throughout the UK.

SRS at Watford are very good and reliable.

ChrisTom
    ChrisTom  672 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Nov 2011 - 10:39 AM

Would second, “SRS Watford, very good customer care/service.

Take care.

Chris R.

ray835
    ray835  5149 forum posts Wales
    10 Nov 2011 - 10:53 AM

don't buy off gumtree full of scammers wanting paysafe and ukash.............................i used these people with excellent results next day delivery
    RS-Photographic of Newent Gloucestershire

youngboo
    youngboo  2
    10 Nov 2011 - 9:00 PM

Thanks to all for suggestions, going to check all sites and stores mentioned. Maybe now thinking about the 7d, will post again with update......if i ever chose between 60d and the 7d !!!

whatsthisbuttondo
    whatsthisbuttondo e2 Member 3whatsthisbuttondo vcard England
    12 Nov 2011 - 7:02 PM

recommend srs watford

John_Wannop
    John_Wannop e2 Member 952 forum postsJohn_Wannop vcard Wales
    13 Nov 2011 - 10:01 AM

If you decide on a 60D I have one for sale in the classifieds at the moment.

Open to offers.

John

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62437 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    13 Nov 2011 - 4:08 PM

A good place to start is http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod726.html
    Just about everything on this site is official UK warranty stock with taxes paid.
    Some of the other sites suggested make it clear they are selling stock from overseas, items are sent with no VAT paid - and the 20% VAT is your responsibility.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.