Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Rescue Remedy for Bees (and butterflies)

SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
13 Aug 2009 1:26PM

Quote:We don't know whether our actions towards one bee would make a jot of difference but for so little effort it's worth doing? Same reason I always free bees etc from the house - not much effort required and a live bee is a good bee.....

Ditto. Same with helping spiders out of the bath so they don't get washed back down the plug'ole. Smile

And for the personal decision to do what we can - absolutely. Why listen to someone who's down - why give money to a charity if we can't do anything else - why help a butterfly up into the air again - plain old compassion, surely. 8-]

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Aug 2009 1:48PM

Quote:Same with helping spiders out of the bath so they don't get washed back down the plug'ole.

Incy Wincy would probably climb back up again. However, we all need a helping hand from time to time.

As for Mr Bee - well, he's got to bee back on duty servicing the flowers in our garden - can't have him slacking indoors! Wink
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
13 Aug 2009 1:49PM
I give a helping hand to most insects if they get trapped in my home but I do draw the line at mosquitoes. The vicious blood-sucking b@stards....
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
13 Aug 2009 2:08PM
Nice one Sandra! we will give that a go...
13 Aug 2009 2:10PM

Quote:....but I do draw the line at mosquitoes. The vicious blood-sucking b@stards....

Not Squadron 9 surely? Wink
13 Aug 2009 2:16PM

Quote:Same reason I always free bees etc from the house - not much effort required and a live bee is a good bee.....

Unless it remembers its period of callous and unjust imprisonment from which it only managed to escape by means of a window carelessly left open and then returns with a few of its mates, all intent on wreaking as much havoc as they possibly can... Wink
13 Aug 2009 2:27PM

Quote:Unless it remembers its period of callous and unjust imprisonment from which it only managed to escape by means of a window carelessly left open and then returns with a few of its mates, all intent on wreaking as much havoc as they possibly can

With beestly intent? Wink
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2009 2:34PM

Quote:Am I missing something here - there are people who will feed insects back to health?

Why?

Well - my Bumble Bees have got lovely little fluffy bums and now we don't have cats any more its good to have something to stroke!

(Stray children on the other hand get eaten Wink )

Most wildlife deserves an helping hand
crookymonsta e2
6 704 10 England
13 Aug 2009 2:46PM

Quote:Am I missing something here - there are people who will feed insects back to health?

Why?

Obviously not a wildlife observer/photographer then John! Having spent many happy hours doing both with butterflies it seemed a very small but easy thing to do. Guess what? This morning, for the first time ever, I managed to find a Brimstone masquerading as a leaf on the Magnolia. A fine reward as far as I'm concerned Smile
13 Aug 2009 3:04PM
"Sting like bee - float like a butterfly."

Seem to have heard that before - somewhere. Wink
13 Aug 2009 3:38PM

Quote:my Bumble Bees have got lovely little fluffy bums

I'm starting to get worried about you, Brian. Wink
13 Aug 2009 4:27PM

Quote:my Bumble Bees have got lovely little fluffy bums

That's why they are called bumble bees! Wink
stolzy 9 3.8k 7
13 Aug 2009 4:40PM

Quote:plain old compassion, surely. 8-]

Maybe I'm autistic, but I find difficulty in forming emotional attachments outside my own phylum
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
13 Aug 2009 4:51PM

Quote:I find difficulty in forming emotional attachments outside my own phylum

Is it just me or does anyone else swerve to avoid running over birds small creatures that fly/run into the path of your car. I've nearly come a cropper a few times!
Firebaby 11 1.2k Faroe Islands
13 Aug 2009 5:01PM
No, its not just you Pete. I will do anything in my power to safely avoid them.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.