Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Research for new photographic accessory

Photo307 1 5 United Kingdom
15 Apr 2013 12:43PM
I don't know how this forum feels about such things but here goes...

I'm a final year honours student studying innovation. I'm also a photographer and it would be fantastic if I could include some responses from this forum for some user research I am conducting. The topic area is stabilising and supporting a camera - whether for stills or video using either a DSLR, compact or even Smart Phone.

Whatever your level of experience with tripods, monopods, lens or sensor stabilisers, shoulder rigs, steadicam devices or any other similar accessory, I'm keen to hear from you. I have provided a 10-question survey to make things simple. However, feel free leave comments here on any highs and lows of using this type of accessory or technology.

I am especially interested to hear from users with disabilities or those of us simply less agile than we used to be. What are your experiences with using tripods, monopods or other accessories designed to help you stabilise and secure your camera? More likley you simply cannot use some accessories and need to find alternative methods of camera support. With you in mind I have prepared a second 5-question survey but would be delighted if you were to complete either survey.

Neither survey contains any identifying information and any posted statements will be treated with complete anonymity. The results will contribute towards a feasibility study for possible new innovations. I will of course be happy to share the results with this forum in due course - the least I can do Smile

Many thanks

Adrian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
15 Apr 2013 12:57PM

Quote:I don't know how this forum feels about such things but here goes...

I just took the survey & it seems fine to me. good luck with the project.
It would be really great if you came back some time and updated us with what you actually produce at the end of this.

Chris
15 Apr 2013 1:14PM
Thank you, Chris, for that reassurance. And yes I plan to post an update towards end of project. This is just the early stages - exploratory research into the market area. There may turn out to be no real 'opportunity' for any new innovation in this area of course.
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
15 Apr 2013 6:48PM
completed all good Smile
ensign e2
7 191 1 United Kingdom
15 Apr 2013 6:59PM
Hi Adrian,
May I suggest survey 2 could be directed to the Disabled Photographers Society, as well as memebers on this forum.
1 completed.
Bernard.
15 Apr 2013 8:31PM
Thanks Pulsar and Bernard for your time on this - and anyone else who has responded Smile

Yes, posted to Disabled Photographers Society forum in General Chat (which seemed to be most popular) late last week. Responses not great so far, not too many views either. Realistically, I may beed to wait a little longer for feedback here given the number of visits to the forum.
Coventryphotog Junior Member 1 149 United Kingdom
15 Apr 2013 11:46PM
Done
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2013 2:24PM
Hi Adrian, John.

I'm always intrigued by people asking for business ideas - more so when usernames and signatures don't match.
But I'd also like to see light gyroscopic dSLR holder, but would not pay much for one as i mostly shoot stills.

Done

Good luck with the idea.
Stuart
18 Apr 2013 1:43PM
There are new steadicam devices out there that use gyroscopic mechanisms...

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2013/04/05/laforet-unveils-game-changer-device-a-virtually-unshakeable-gyro-based-hand

Keeping such a device light, non-bulky and easy to use is the challenge here. Could a steadicam-like device really be suitable for stills work?

Someone else set up membership - their name on the profile.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.