Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Resizing images for competitions

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    HuddersfieldHil
    HuddersfieldHil e2 Member 1HuddersfieldHil vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jan 2013 - 4:49 PM

Hi I was wondering if anyone out there can explain to me how I resize photos for competition entry as I have just been using Picasa which lets me change one dimension but the other does not come near the required minimum px size eg got to be 1430px by 1075px and although I can get 1430 the other dimension is less than 1000 Help anyone please?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Jan 2013 - 4:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45760 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jan 2013 - 5:08 PM

Photo competitions are usually about maximum dimensions so as long as the other dimension does not exceed 1075 you should be OK.
    But in Picasa, I recall that you set one dimension and the other one adjusts automatically to maintain the aspect ratio (which is what you want). So if you leave the image in its native 3:2 format, the resized image will be 3:2. If you crop to create a 16:9 image, the resized image will be 16:9.

Last Modified By mikehit at 23 Jan 2013 - 5:12 PM
    HuddersfieldHil
    HuddersfieldHil e2 Member 1HuddersfieldHil vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jan 2013 - 5:19 PM

Thanks for that Mike - That seems to make sense it was just that the rules stated 1430 by 1075 as the dimensions required and said if less then may not be accepted.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.