Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Responsible dog owners - irresponsible Councils

Eastlands e2
4 659 3 Northern Ireland
26 Aug 2012 9:30PM
20120825-193118.jpg

What is your experience of the contrast between responsible dog owners and their irresponsible local Council.

If you ignore the quality of the image ( taken on my phone camera ) this was taken yesterday and shows how the decent reponsible dog owners in Carrickfergus are being undermined by Carrickfergus Borough Council and their failure to fulfill their duties to the ratepayers of the town.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

widtink 2 406 2 Scotland
26 Aug 2012 9:45PM
Iam sorry but if the bin is full responsible dog owners should not just dump their poo bags around the bin thats a health hazard. They should take them home.
26 Aug 2012 9:45PM
Yet if you left it on the ground there would be a warden there to give you a fine.
Eastlands e2
4 659 3 Northern Ireland
26 Aug 2012 9:52PM
Widtink - I acknowledge fault lies on both sides, however the point I was making is that we have to pay our rates for this service.

Chris - Too true.
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
26 Aug 2012 9:57PM
Is the bin full? As it looks like people have just put them on the lid preventing others from using the bin without removing the bags from the lid in order to open it.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
26 Aug 2012 10:00PM
Pretty much the same every where this time of year, its not just poo bin`s.
justin c 10 4.5k 36 England
26 Aug 2012 10:36PM
There's plenty of room there, it just needs squashing down a bit Tongue
But being serious, at least the dog walkers appear to be getting the stuff near the bins, everywhere I look the local tree's and bushes have more 'decorations' than bloody Christmas trees Sad
NaturesHaven e2
3 254 5 England
27 Aug 2012 7:24AM
We cleaned under one of our hedges which backs onto a public pathway which joins one side of our village to the other..........we had a bag full of Empty Vodka and other bottles, empty fag packets galore, bags and bags of dog dirt, dirty nappies, cans and loads of crisp packets.............talk about litter.

We live in a quiet small village but I have to say there must be some dirty and irresponsible people live here..........WHY CAN'T PEOPLE TAKE THEIR MUCK HOME WITH THEM AND PUT IT IN THE BIN ????

Have you seen the dirt and litter that surrounds some of the service stations in this country............we are a dirty country full of people who have no pride and expect others to pick up after them!!!

Not ALL people are like this but it drives us crazy, we keep the area clean but others just don't care...........SadSadSadSad

This is my rant of the week...........When I take the dog out poo poo bags come with me as a matter of course and they get filled......SmileSmileSmileSmile
jancookie 2 25 United Kingdom
27 Aug 2012 9:51AM
Nothing spoils a good photographic trip than having to look where you're treading rather than composing photos - sadly this is the case in almost all of he lovely woods where I live
27 Aug 2012 9:53AM
I got neighbor over 70s quite healthy. Every morning when he go shop for paper he blows his nose near my garden & cleans his throat. We live in cul-de-sac & everybody can hear his nose whistles but he is not bothered.SadSadSadSad
27 Aug 2012 10:16AM

Quote:I got neighbor over 70s quite healthy. Every morning when he go shop for paper he blows his nose near my garden & cleans his throat. We live in cul-de-sac & everybody can hear his nose whistles but he is not bothered.SadSadSadSad

Grin is he allowed to breathe near your garden ? I don't think someone blowing their nose near your garden warrants a complaint
User_Removed 4 299 4 France
27 Aug 2012 10:23AM

Quote:Nothing spoils a good photographic trip than having to look where you're treading rather than composing photos - sadly this is the case in almost all of he lovely woods where I live

You should try beautiful Charente in SW France ....we had a weekly black sac collection and a two week yellow recycle sac collection...the department scrapped it and installed huge black and yellow bins at various roadside locations...landscape photography now as rare as film cameras and the damned things overflowing all the time.
Fishnet 10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
27 Aug 2012 10:24AM
My nextdoor neighbour is a chain smoking alcoholic, he never, ever sleeps and I hear him all day and all through the night hacking up phlegm like he's about to be sick, sometimes I even hear him vomiting, at night it's like he's in my room.

My house also STINKS of his cigarettes because it seeps in through the floor boards, my house smells like the house of a chainsmoker and i am fiercely anti-smoking!!
hobbo e2
3 816 2 England
27 Aug 2012 2:32PM

Quote:My nextdoor neighbour is a chain smoking alcoholic, he never, ever sleeps and I hear him all day and all through the night hacking up phlegm like he's about to be sick, sometimes I even hear him vomiting, at night it's like he's in my room.

My house also STINKS of his cigarettes because it seeps in through the floor boards, my house smells like the house of a chainsmoker and i am fiercely anti-smoking!!

I suggest that you give your local environmental health officer a call ASAP,

Hobbo
Fishnet 10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
27 Aug 2012 4:08PM
Domestic smells aren't covered by Environmental Health, unless it's caused by a build up of rubbish leading to a vermin infestation.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.