Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Responsible dog owners - irresponsible Councils

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3649 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 9:30 PM

20120825-193118.jpg

What is your experience of the contrast between responsible dog owners and their irresponsible local Council.

If you ignore the quality of the image ( taken on my phone camera ) this was taken yesterday and shows how the decent reponsible dog owners in Carrickfergus are being undermined by Carrickfergus Borough Council and their failure to fulfill their duties to the ratepayers of the town.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Aug 2012 - 9:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

widtink
widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 9:45 PM

Iam sorry but if the bin is full responsible dog owners should not just dump their poo bags around the bin thats a health hazard. They should take them home.

ChrisStyles
ChrisStyles e2 Member 6381 forum postsChrisStyles vcard United Kingdom
26 Aug 2012 - 9:45 PM

Yet if you left it on the ground there would be a warden there to give you a fine.

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3649 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 9:52 PM

Widtink - I acknowledge fault lies on both sides, however the point I was making is that we have to pay our rates for this service.

Chris - Too true.

MrGoatsmilk
26 Aug 2012 - 9:57 PM

Is the bin full? As it looks like people have just put them on the lid preventing others from using the bin without removing the bags from the lid in order to open it.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 10:00 PM

Pretty much the same every where this time of year, its not just poo bin`s.

justin c
justin c  104526 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 10:36 PM

There's plenty of room there, it just needs squashing down a bit Tongue
But being serious, at least the dog walkers appear to be getting the stuff near the bins, everywhere I look the local tree's and bushes have more 'decorations' than bloody Christmas trees Sad

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2253 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 7:24 AM

We cleaned under one of our hedges which backs onto a public pathway which joins one side of our village to the other..........we had a bag full of Empty Vodka and other bottles, empty fag packets galore, bags and bags of dog dirt, dirty nappies, cans and loads of crisp packets.............talk about litter.

We live in a quiet small village but I have to say there must be some dirty and irresponsible people live here..........WHY CAN'T PEOPLE TAKE THEIR MUCK HOME WITH THEM AND PUT IT IN THE BIN ????

Have you seen the dirt and litter that surrounds some of the service stations in this country............we are a dirty country full of people who have no pride and expect others to pick up after them!!!

Not ALL people are like this but it drives us crazy, we keep the area clean but others just don't care...........SadSadSadSad

This is my rant of the week...........When I take the dog out poo poo bags come with me as a matter of course and they get filled......SmileSmileSmileSmile

jancookie
jancookie  225 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Aug 2012 - 9:51 AM

Nothing spoils a good photographic trip than having to look where you're treading rather than composing photos - sadly this is the case in almost all of he lovely woods where I live

Jat_Riski
Jat_Riski e2 Member 665 forum postsJat_Riski vcard United Kingdom
27 Aug 2012 - 9:53 AM

I got neighbor over 70s quite healthy. Every morning when he go shop for paper he blows his nose near my garden & cleans his throat. We live in cul-de-sac & everybody can hear his nose whistles but he is not bothered.SadSadSadSad

silver_stoat
27 Aug 2012 - 10:16 AM

Quote: I got neighbor over 70s quite healthy. Every morning when he go shop for paper he blows his nose near my garden & cleans his throat. We live in cul-de-sac & everybody can hear his nose whistles but he is not bothered.SadSadSadSad

Grin is he allowed to breathe near your garden ? I don't think someone blowing their nose near your garden warrants a complaint

User_Removed
27 Aug 2012 - 10:23 AM

Quote: Nothing spoils a good photographic trip than having to look where you're treading rather than composing photos - sadly this is the case in almost all of he lovely woods where I live

You should try beautiful Charente in SW France ....we had a weekly black sac collection and a two week yellow recycle sac collection...the department scrapped it and installed huge black and yellow bins at various roadside locations...landscape photography now as rare as film cameras and the damned things overflowing all the time.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 10:24 AM

My nextdoor neighbour is a chain smoking alcoholic, he never, ever sleeps and I hear him all day and all through the night hacking up phlegm like he's about to be sick, sometimes I even hear him vomiting, at night it's like he's in my room.

My house also STINKS of his cigarettes because it seeps in through the floor boards, my house smells like the house of a chainsmoker and i am fiercely anti-smoking!!

hobbo
hobbo e2 Member 3796 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 2:32 PM

Quote: My nextdoor neighbour is a chain smoking alcoholic, he never, ever sleeps and I hear him all day and all through the night hacking up phlegm like he's about to be sick, sometimes I even hear him vomiting, at night it's like he's in my room.

My house also STINKS of his cigarettes because it seeps in through the floor boards, my house smells like the house of a chainsmoker and i am fiercely anti-smoking!!

I suggest that you give your local environmental health officer a call ASAP,

Hobbo

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
27 Aug 2012 - 4:08 PM

Domestic smells aren't covered by Environmental Health, unless it's caused by a build up of rubbish leading to a vermin infestation.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.