Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Returning 'Oldie'!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    climbing_orchid
    climbing_orchid e2 Member 9321 forum postsclimbing_orchid vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Oct 2012 - 5:38 PM

Hello All!!

For those that do remember me my sincerest apologies for being away for so long, I had a completely crappy 2009/10 academic year at work which culminated in me being made redundant at the end of the summer term and 7 days later gave birth to my son Logan prematurely (only a few weeks but still teeny at 4lb 15oz!) and very poorly.

Logan has severe Spastic Quadriplegia Cerebral Palsy with dystonic trunk involvement and is unable to support his own body in any way or move independently, microcephaly, Epilepsy, GERD, non-verbal and is registered blind although does have some light perception, the last two years have flown past in a flurry of vomit, very little sleep, hospital appointments and stays up and down the country, physio, occupational therapy, speech therapy, feeding therapy, portage, vision therapy and not a lot of time for Mummy!!

Recently he has started a special needs pre-school which has not only been fantastic for his progress but also allows me a few hours to myself every week which is lovely and HOPEFULLY I will be able to get back out with the camera more often as although I have about 3000 photos of him I have very few of anything else taken in the last 3 years! Hoping that I may also be able to dig my tripod and studio kit out from underneath the mountain of equipment we have aquired for home therapy!

Have started to have a browse back through the galleries and delighted to see that standards remain high and support and critique is still very much appreciated.

Look forward to 'seeing' a bit more of you all

Liz
    x

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Oct 2012 - 5:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    30 Oct 2012 - 6:05 PM

Welcome back Liz!

Whilst sorry to hear of Logan's situation, one knows that he is in 'good hands'.

Wishing you both a brighter future! Smile

climbing_orchid
    climbing_orchid e2 Member 9321 forum postsclimbing_orchid vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Oct 2012 - 6:08 PM

Hi Mike!
    Thankyou so much Smile He is a handful indeed but very very worth every second - will try not to drown you all with photos of him!
    xx

User_Removed
    30 Oct 2012 - 6:15 PM

Quote: will try not to drown you all with photos of him!

LOL!!!!

Wink

Grin

pluffy
    pluffy  7125 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Oct 2012 - 6:40 PM

Welcome back and I hope that the future is so much brighter for you and your little lad.

climbing_orchid
    30 Oct 2012 - 8:39 PM

Thanks pluffy Grin

KevinEllison
    KevinEllison e2 Member 72497 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
    30 Oct 2012 - 11:29 PM

Well..I'm "younger" than you Liz, but no one is actually allowed to "leave" here, surely you know this...
    He certainly has a mouthful of problems poor lad, but with support etc. you never know..look at Stephen Hawking.. One of my daughters is profoundly deaf, but gained a master's in graphic design at Uni..and works as team leader in Johnson Press..
    Glad you're getting more time for tography though...!!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.