Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Review of my Website

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mswiech
    mswiech  3 Canada1 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2013 - 5:34 AM

Hey everyone.

I am looking for your opinion and thoughts of my website that I created. Please bear in mind that the site is only a few days old. I am working on getting additional content on the site.

Thanks again for taking the time to look it over.

Here is the link - Mike Swiech Photography

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Feb 2013 - 5:34 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2013 - 7:21 AM

Your link doesnt work Mike...Sad

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84246 forum postsKarenFB vcard England161 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2013 - 7:41 AM

It worked for me K! Smile

mswiech
    mswiech  3 Canada1 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2013 - 10:44 AM

Quote: Your link doesnt work Mike...Sad

Answeronapostcard can you try it again. You can also try it like this- http://mikeswiechphotography.com

Thanks

puertouk
    puertouk  21052 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2013 - 11:00 AM

Sorry, but does nothing for me too. Your images in your landscape section are not all landscapes, but cityscape's. Your spelling on the front page is wrong. (not to warm, which should be, not too warm) Little things like that make a difference.

Your images on photojournalism are not the best I'm afraid. You need to get much closer shots of the action, rather from a distance. The images of the firemen need to be filling your image, maybe showing their faces.

A shot of an ambulance across the road, well, what is that suppose to convey to anyone? Its very difficult for a tog to get close to the action as the police tend to keep people a safe distance away from the incident. You then need the long lenses to get your close-up shots. The last thing the emergency services need is a photographer getting in the way, especially an amateur!

Take a close look at the shots professional photo journalists get. Having your front page as a blog is not a good idea either, have a seperate page for that. Your front page needs to be informative, but not too big. Get people interested in what you do and for them then to follow your various pages.
    Hope this helps you in producing a better website.
    Stephen

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Feb 2013 - 12:57 PM

yep, works now Smile

Like the design, good simple and clean, very easy to navigate too.

66tricky
    66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
    12 Feb 2013 - 10:28 PM

The slideshow is way too fast on the lightboxes. I don't think slideshows should start automatically in a lightbox. If I choose to view an image I don't want it. changing as soon as it tv opens..

iancrowson
    iancrowson e2 Member 4209 forum postsiancrowson vcard United Kingdom128 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Feb 2013 - 5:11 PM

When i use the links here a page of reviews opens up. I expect photos.
    Ian

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.