Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Richard Briers R.I.P.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 12:56 PM

A sad and fond farewell to Richard Briers.

Thanks for all the fun, over the years - and the serious stuff as well. Smile

Ironically, only yesterday I was pondering getting a boxed set of The Good Life.........

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Feb 2013 - 12:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mossy
    mossy  146 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 1:10 PM

Just heard this, sad news always found his work entertaining.

paulcookphotography

He was a very talented man. Everything i saw him in was great and he just seemed to bring so much to the characer with his own personalty shining through

AlexandraSD
    18 Feb 2013 - 1:19 PM

Roobarb & Custard Smile

rip.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 1:23 PM

Quote: A sad and fond farewell to Richard Briers

Indeed.....Always struck me as being a very nice man and always under-rated as a serious actor, despite his comedy work being excellent.

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 51174 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 1:24 PM

What a terrible shame. He only said the other day he was suffering from smoking related COPD which is what got my father in the end. I did wonder how much longer he would go on as it is such a dreadful thing to have. He was such a wonderful, funny man and the Good Life was a fabulous series. Sad

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53537 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 1:29 PM

One of my hero's for his role in the good life, i actually briefly met him in real life once in Richmond, he was a lovely guy - humble and friendly. Warmest wishes of great memories and thanks for a super contribution to enthusiasm and optimism into our society.

llareggub
    llareggub  3664 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Feb 2013 - 2:13 PM

I grew up watching the good life and I am certain it played a small but significant part in me leaving the rat race and buying a small holding in rural Hungary Grin

hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3774 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 4:26 PM

So sad.....a lovely man, who made watching TVa pleasure....... I wonder how many smokers will heed the warning though?.......I am currently dealing with a very close relative who has cancer of the throat and severe heart and circulation problems......

Hobbo

seahawk
    seahawk e2 Member 7529 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
    18 Feb 2013 - 4:32 PM

The Good Life was without doubt one of the funniest things the BBC ever did. RIP Richard.

CarolG
    CarolG e2 Member 7128 forum postsCarolG vcard Greece16 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 5:51 PM

Yet another wonderful British actor leaves us, he could make you laugh, he could make you cry, he will be sorely missed.

User_Removed
    18 Feb 2013 - 8:59 PM

A sad loss... RIP Richard.

edtaylor
    edtaylor  3104 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Feb 2013 - 8:29 AM

Yes a sad loss he was a good actor. I liked to see him on the telly, he was a very funny man. RIP.

Meheecho
    Meheecho  1275 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Feb 2013 - 8:07 PM

A good actor and all round nice bloke. I thought he was great in"ever decreasing circles"

rhol2
    rhol2 e2 Member 3281 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Feb 2013 - 9:47 PM

I can only echo the sentiments above.

Though "The Good Life" is a classic, I too think that "Ever Decresaing Circles" was great, though much less well known.

I think I am right in saying that Mr. Briers said the latter was his favourite.

Last Modified By rhol2 at 19 Feb 2013 - 9:48 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.