Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Richmond, North Yorkshire

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

213hardy
213hardy e2 Member 6555 forum posts213hardy vcard England
28 Jan 2013 - 9:28 PM

Was just wondering if anyone would fancy a stroll around Richmond sometime?

For a bit more info about this lovely town on the edge of the Dales.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Jan 2013 - 9:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jan 2013 - 9:38 PM

Cor, I'd love to. My fave part of the country. Unfortunately I live in London. Sad

213hardy
28 Jan 2013 - 9:39 PM

Why not have a weekend away then?

User_Removed
28 Jan 2013 - 9:41 PM

Quote: Cor, I'd love to. My fave part of the country. Unfortunately I live in London.

Make that two.

Last time I was able to be there was so long ago I don't want to count the numbers. I was stationed at RAF Catterick at the time and.... well!! The countryside is just so awesome!!

213hardy
28 Jan 2013 - 9:46 PM

Quote: Last time I was able to be there was so long ago I don't want to count the numbers. I was stationed at RAF Catterick at the time and.... well!! The countryside is just so awesome!!

It is indeed, Mike, I live in Catterick and working in Richmond, feel incredibly lucky to live where i do.

You too could make a weekend of it though or possibly a weekWink

Last Modified By 213hardy at 28 Jan 2013 - 9:49 PM
User_Removed
28 Jan 2013 - 9:55 PM

(A week!! Me? Yes. The Wife..??? hmmmmm..... Wink )

WhiteRose1
WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41046 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England136 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jan 2013 - 10:14 PM

I used to live in Catterick! My Dad still regails me of stories as a bobby on the beat around Richmond!!

seahawk
seahawk e2 Member 7556 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 - 10:48 AM

Spent the second day of my honeymoon in Richmond in 1976 as we stopped for a pub lunch on our journey. Wonderful place!

Nigeyboy
Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 - 12:15 PM

Ah - just wait for HS2!! You will be able to get to Yorkshire from London in 90 minutes . . . . oh wait, that will be in 2032 . . . . Wink

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73347 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 12:25 PM

London to Leeds in 90 minutes. Leeds to Richmond in 2 days. Grin

Still worth going though, a lovely town.

Last Modified By adrian_w at 29 Jan 2013 - 12:25 PM
213hardy
29 Jan 2013 - 8:35 PM

Quote: London to Leeds in 90 minutes. Leeds to Richmond in 2 days. Grin

Still worth going though, a lovely town.

Actually i believe you go from king's cross (east Coast Mainline) to York then Northallerton then you'd have to get the bus to Richmond... which in fairness would probably take 2 days.

tanglefoot
tanglefoot  10949 forum posts England
3 Mar 2013 - 9:01 PM

Done my Basic Army Training in Catterick, used to go into Richmond...in no hurry to see the place again

collywobles
4 Mar 2013 - 2:20 PM

Richmond is quite nice but there are much better places. Arkengarthdale, Langthwaite, Matcham, Leyton, Hawes (has a steam railway) The CB Inn for lunch....... Muker, Thwaite & Keld or even the walk along the River Swale from Keld to Muker has to be one of the most photogenic walks in the district. I'll be there in late June so see anyone there in the CB for some Rigwelter...............

PS - Must not forget The Tanhill, Britains highest pub with great ales and local music .......... and while I'm onto pubs and music for anyone going to Dublin Johhny Foxes is a must.

Last Modified By collywobles at 4 Mar 2013 - 2:24 PM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
4 Mar 2013 - 2:32 PM

Quote: the walk along the River Swale from Keld to Muker has to be one of the most photogenic walks in the district

I'll second that. Have done it in sunshine, hail and wind and every time it's been a terrific walk. Aysgarth and Askrigg also really nice, and Middleham.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 4 Mar 2013 - 2:33 PM
213hardy
4 Mar 2013 - 6:20 PM

Quote: Richmond is quite nice but there are much better places. Arkengarthdale, Langthwaite, Matcham, Leyton, Hawes (has a steam railway) The CB Inn for lunch....... Muker, Thwaite & Keld or even the walk along the River Swale from Keld to Muker has to be one of the most photogenic walks in the district. I'll be there in late June so see anyone there in the CB for some Rigwelter...............

PS - Must not forget The Tanhill, Britains highest pub with great ales and local music .......... and while I'm onto pubs and music for anyone going to Dublin Johhny Foxes is a must.

Have a agree all these places are stunning, but sometimes i feel Richmond gets neglected and visited merely as a steeping stone to the dales.

That said if you're stopping at The CB, have you discovered Surrender Bridge? Or had a stroll along Fremington Edge, Both worth a visit.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.