Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Richmond, North Yorkshire

213hardy e2
6 578 England
28 Jan 2013 9:28PM
Was just wondering if anyone would fancy a stroll around Richmond sometime?

For a bit more info about this lovely town on the edge of the Dales.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
28 Jan 2013 9:38PM
Cor, I'd love to. My fave part of the country. Unfortunately I live in London. Sad
213hardy e2
6 578 England
28 Jan 2013 9:39PM
Why not have a weekend away then?
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
28 Jan 2013 9:41PM

Quote:Cor, I'd love to. My fave part of the country. Unfortunately I live in London.

Make that two.

Last time I was able to be there was so long ago I don't want to count the numbers. I was stationed at RAF Catterick at the time and.... well!! The countryside is just so awesome!!
213hardy e2
6 578 England
28 Jan 2013 9:46PM

Quote:Last time I was able to be there was so long ago I don't want to count the numbers. I was stationed at RAF Catterick at the time and.... well!! The countryside is just so awesome!!

It is indeed, Mike, I live in Catterick and working in Richmond, feel incredibly lucky to live where i do.

You too could make a weekend of it though or possibly a weekWink
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
28 Jan 2013 9:55PM
(A week!! Me? Yes. The Wife..??? hmmmmm..... Wink )
WhiteRose1 e2
4 1.1k 136 England
28 Jan 2013 10:14PM
I used to live in Catterick! My Dad still regails me of stories as a bobby on the beat around Richmond!!
seahawk e2
7 582 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 10:48AM
Spent the second day of my honeymoon in Richmond in 1976 as we stopped for a pub lunch on our journey. Wonderful place!
Nigeyboy 6 537 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 12:15PM
Ah - just wait for HS2!! You will be able to get to Yorkshire from London in 90 minutes . . . . oh wait, that will be in 2032 . . . . Wink
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
29 Jan 2013 12:25PM
London to Leeds in 90 minutes. Leeds to Richmond in 2 days. Grin

Still worth going though, a lovely town.
213hardy e2
6 578 England
29 Jan 2013 8:35PM

Quote:London to Leeds in 90 minutes. Leeds to Richmond in 2 days. Grin

Still worth going though, a lovely town.

Actually i believe you go from king's cross (east Coast Mainline) to York then Northallerton then you'd have to get the bus to Richmond... which in fairness would probably take 2 days.
tanglefoot 10 951 England
3 Mar 2013 9:01PM
Done my Basic Army Training in Catterick, used to go into Richmond...in no hurry to see the place again
collywobles 10 3.3k 9 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2013 2:20PM
Richmond is quite nice but there are much better places. Arkengarthdale, Langthwaite, Matcham, Leyton, Hawes (has a steam railway) The CB Inn for lunch....... Muker, Thwaite & Keld or even the walk along the River Swale from Keld to Muker has to be one of the most photogenic walks in the district. I'll be there in late June so see anyone there in the CB for some Rigwelter...............

PS - Must not forget The Tanhill, Britains highest pub with great ales and local music .......... and while I'm onto pubs and music for anyone going to Dublin Johhny Foxes is a must.
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
4 Mar 2013 2:32PM

Quote: the walk along the River Swale from Keld to Muker has to be one of the most photogenic walks in the district
I'll second that. Have done it in sunshine, hail and wind and every time it's been a terrific walk. Aysgarth and Askrigg also really nice, and Middleham.
213hardy e2
6 578 England
4 Mar 2013 6:20PM

Quote:Richmond is quite nice but there are much better places. Arkengarthdale, Langthwaite, Matcham, Leyton, Hawes (has a steam railway) The CB Inn for lunch....... Muker, Thwaite & Keld or even the walk along the River Swale from Keld to Muker has to be one of the most photogenic walks in the district. I'll be there in late June so see anyone there in the CB for some Rigwelter...............

PS - Must not forget The Tanhill, Britains highest pub with great ales and local music .......... and while I'm onto pubs and music for anyone going to Dublin Johhny Foxes is a must.

Have a agree all these places are stunning, but sometimes i feel Richmond gets neglected and visited merely as a steeping stone to the dales.

That said if you're stopping at The CB, have you discovered Surrender Bridge? Or had a stroll along Fremington Edge, Both worth a visit.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.