Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

RIP Andytvcams

stevie e2
10 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2013 6:51PM
Very sad news, he was a real inspiration for me and, I'm sure, many others on this site.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dark_lord e2
10 1.5k 140 England
11 Jun 2013 6:56PM
I remember his images well, excellent work.
I can't say I'd not noticed him on here of late as I've only been on for short periods now and again.
His images were an inspiration and provided plenty of ideas to work on.
Sadly missed.
paul_indigo 11 259 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2013 6:56PM
Our deepest condolences to the family. RIP Andy.
Paul and Magda
whipspeed e2
10 4.0k 22 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2013 7:03PM
Such very sad news, Andy's work was a real inspiration when I joined the site. My heartfelt condolences go to his family & close friends.

Sarah
jimthistle73 10 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2013 7:10PM
Very sorry to hear this. I have one of his framed prints won in the raffle at (i think) the first Rowardennan meet. So a wee bit of him lives on on our living room wall.
MikeA 9 1.2k England
11 Jun 2013 7:19PM
Sad news, I found his comments and his uploads very helpful and as others have said inspirational.
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
11 Jun 2013 7:24PM
As Conrad said - he wasn't the most talkative chap to start with, but he (and Jas) was good company, liked a wee nip and was a font of knowlege.

He will be a loss to us - but a gain to those he is going to meet. If his maker didn't like taking pictures -- he will soon.

My condolances to Jas and I will raise a glass to his memory when I get home.
dp 10 163 3 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2013 7:29PM
Just heard this really sad news. Andy's was always an inspiration on EPZ and if he commented on one of my images (which he often did privately) I always took notice. A great loss. Condolences to his family.
martinl e2
11 251 2 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2013 7:33PM
That is a real shocker! Met Andy on a few occasions and always a pleasure to talk to (and Jas made superb bacon butties too!)

RIP Andy, and condolences to the family.
Graysta 9 1.1k England
11 Jun 2013 7:46PM
Very sad new's
I held the man I very high regard from first meeting him at Robin Hood's Bay.
R.I.P. Andy, condolence's to Jasmine.

Graham
MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
11 Jun 2013 8:12PM

Quote:Yes it's sad news.... Andy and his images were an inspiration to me when I first started on here

Me too.

I just don't know what to say - - shocked doesn't even begin to describe it!

Will always remember the bacon butties at Curbar Edge car park.

Our thoughts are with you, Jas

Fran x
sut68 e2
11 2.0k 76 England
11 Jun 2013 8:16PM
As MrsS said, very fond memories indeed of a meet at Curbar and Baslow interspersed with Bacon Butties and Champagne in Curbar car park with both Andy and Jas. Sad news indeed and my heart felt condolences go to Jas and the family.

Paul
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
11 Jun 2013 8:47PM
All been said, but I'm still shocked and saddened by the news. Andy was in inspiration to me when I first joined EPZ and figured early in my favourites.
11 Jun 2013 8:58PM
Andy was one of the first to comment on my uploads years ago and I always valued his thoughts. Those EPZ meets in the early morning on Curbar when we never had the light but the company made up for it! His photographic work is still an inspiration.
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2013 8:59PM
Sheesh, I am totally shocked. I was hoping to meet Andy during the Olympics but we never actually managed to get it organised, such a shame.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.