Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

RIP Andytvcams

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
stevie
stevie e2 Member 101197 forum postsstevie vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2013 - 6:51 PM

Very sad news, he was a real inspiration for me and, I'm sure, many others on this site.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Jun 2013 - 6:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dark_lord
dark_lord Critique Team 101387 forum postsdark_lord vcard England95 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2013 - 6:56 PM

I remember his images well, excellent work.
I can't say I'd not noticed him on here of late as I've only been on for short periods now and again.
His images were an inspiration and provided plenty of ideas to work on.
Sadly missed.

paul_indigo
11 Jun 2013 - 6:56 PM

Our deepest condolences to the family. RIP Andy.
Paul and Magda

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94035 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2013 - 7:03 PM

Such very sad news, Andy's work was a real inspiration when I joined the site. My heartfelt condolences go to his family & close friends.

Sarah

jimthistle73
11 Jun 2013 - 7:10 PM

Very sorry to hear this. I have one of his framed prints won in the raffle at (i think) the first Rowardennan meet. So a wee bit of him lives on on our living room wall.

MikeA
MikeA  91133 forum posts England
11 Jun 2013 - 7:19 PM

Sad news, I found his comments and his uploads very helpful and as others have said inspirational.

Last Modified By MikeA at 11 Jun 2013 - 7:20 PM
kaybee
kaybee  93694 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2013 - 7:24 PM

As Conrad said - he wasn't the most talkative chap to start with, but he (and Jas) was good company, liked a wee nip and was a font of knowlege.

He will be a loss to us - but a gain to those he is going to meet. If his maker didn't like taking pictures -- he will soon.

My condolances to Jas and I will raise a glass to his memory when I get home.

dp
dp  10163 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2013 - 7:29 PM

Just heard this really sad news. Andy's was always an inspiration on EPZ and if he commented on one of my images (which he often did privately) I always took notice. A great loss. Condolences to his family.

martinl
martinl e2 Member 10246 forum postsmartinl vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2013 - 7:33 PM

That is a real shocker! Met Andy on a few occasions and always a pleasure to talk to (and Jas made superb bacon butties too!)

RIP Andy, and condolences to the family.

Graysta
Graysta  91118 forum posts England
11 Jun 2013 - 7:46 PM

Very sad new's
I held the man I very high regard from first meeting him at Robin Hood's Bay.
R.I.P. Andy, condolence's to Jasmine.

Graham

Last Modified By Graysta at 11 Jun 2013 - 7:46 PM
MrsS
MrsS e2 Member 74527 forum postsMrsS vcard England18 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2013 - 8:12 PM

Quote: Yes it's sad news.... Andy and his images were an inspiration to me when I first started on here

Me too.

I just don't know what to say - - shocked doesn't even begin to describe it!

Will always remember the bacon butties at Curbar Edge car park.

Our thoughts are with you, Jas

Fran x

sut68
sut68  101994 forum posts England76 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2013 - 8:16 PM

As MrsS said, very fond memories indeed of a meet at Curbar and Baslow interspersed with Bacon Butties and Champagne in Curbar car park with both Andy and Jas. Sad news indeed and my heart felt condolences go to Jas and the family.

Paul

MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 81059 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2013 - 8:47 PM

All been said, but I'm still shocked and saddened by the news. Andy was in inspiration to me when I first joined EPZ and figured early in my favourites.

AntHolloway
AntHolloway e2 Member 8168 forum postsAntHolloway vcard United Kingdom
11 Jun 2013 - 8:58 PM

Andy was one of the first to comment on my uploads years ago and I always valued his thoughts. Those EPZ meets in the early morning on Curbar when we never had the light but the company made up for it! His photographic work is still an inspiration.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013935 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2013 - 8:59 PM

Sheesh, I am totally shocked. I was hoping to meet Andy during the Olympics but we never actually managed to get it organised, such a shame.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.