Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

RIP Andytvcams

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Graysta
Graysta  91131 forum posts England
15 Jun 2013 - 8:53 AM

Quote: What's the connection between Jas & Andy?

Rog
Jasmine is Andy's wife all who met them knew her as Jas.
Not to be confused with the username Jas here on EPZ.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

Last Modified By Graysta at 15 Jun 2013 - 8:53 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jun 2013 - 8:53 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RogBrown
RogBrown  72996 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2013 - 9:49 AM

Thanks Graysta.

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93485 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
15 Jun 2013 - 10:29 AM

Really sorry to hear the sad news.

......back in the day, when I first joined EPZ, it was a lot harder....for me at any rate, to upload pics to my pf. .... Andy talked me through it..... No RTFM ....No read the instructions, ...no complicated stuff.
I was with a camera club for nigh on 10 years and rarely got any advice that I understood.

....If it weren't for Andy I wouldn't be with EPZ now....he was a big help.

many thanks Andy....RIP .....Mike

Buffalo_Tom
Buffalo_Tom e2 Member 82322 forum postsBuffalo_Tom vcard Wales9 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2013 - 4:51 PM

Sincere condolences to Andy's family.
He was a stalwart on here when I joined in 2006.
Tom.

IanFlindt
IanFlindt e2 Member 9739 forum postsIanFlindt vcard United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2013 - 12:30 AM

This is very sad news. Andy was one of a number of outstanding EPZ artists who inspired my interest in landscape photography all those years ago. My condolences to his family and friends. He lives on in his fine work and the fond memories of the many who knew him.

MarkBroughton
16 Jun 2013 - 4:48 PM

I never met Andy, but his images on here were a big inspiration when I joined the site, especially his ones of Heswall boat yard. RIP Andy.
Mark

cuffit
cuffit  7164 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2013 - 1:32 PM

I have only just found this thread and was extremely sad to hear that Andy is no longer with us and can only echo what has been said. I first saw his photos in 2006 when I joined Ephotozine and spent a great weekend in the Peak District with Andy, Jas and KeithH when Northscape was running courses, and very good they were too. I still look at both Andy's and Keith's portfolios to see what they have been up to, such was the impression they both made on me. I remember still some of the hilarious stories of Andy's predicaments in his role as a BBC cameraman. My heartfelt condolences to Jas who looked after us so well, a generous and kindly lady who made, as Andy did, such an impression in just a few days some 7 years ago.

RIP Andy

Chris

shutter speed
20 Jun 2013 - 11:33 AM

Jasmine, phoned me last night such a lovely lady, I told her of this thread that Pete, had started.
This morning I received a text from Jasmine, saying how touched she is by the comments people have left for Andy.

Pete, I have sent you a message.

leeroe
leeroe  11230 forum posts England
20 Jun 2013 - 9:47 PM

I am saddened by this news, although not a great contributor on here I frequent the site almost daily and have done for the last 10 years and I recall Andy being one of the "always around" type members and he was part of the woodwork on ephotozine. Saddened by this news and condolences out to his family.

randomrubble
25 Jun 2013 - 8:36 AM

Sad news, Andy was a big part of this site when I first joined.

shaks
shaks  11561 forum posts Tokelau1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jun 2013 - 10:16 AM

What on Earth? Sad indeed. Condolences to his family and friends.

MikeH
MikeH  9217 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jun 2013 - 10:58 AM

Only just seen this thread .
I remember Andy from the days of NORTHSCAPE with Jas who looked after us all with bacon butties on the early morning shoots. Andy always had time for you no matter what level you was at and no matter how thick one might have appeared at the time !!
I always remember his tales of the BBC , and his talent at using light to dramatic effect in his images , he was an inspiration to many.
RIP Andy and condolences to Jas and his family

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2013 - 9:40 AM

Jas let me know that Andy's funeral service is at St Marys church at Nantwich on Monday July 8th
2013 at 12pm. And after the service they are going to the Red Cow also at Nantwich. If anyone who knew Andy wants to attend they're most welcome.
Jas also wanted to say thank you to all the guys on ePHOTOzine for their lovely comments.

Last Modified By Pete at 1 Jul 2013 - 9:42 AM
AlexandraSD
1 Jul 2013 - 12:05 PM

Andy was one of the first to welcome me to this forum all those years ago, quite a gent, definitely be missed by many, RIP Andy xx

Richsr
Richsr e2 Member 790 forum postsRichsr vcard England207 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2013 - 9:13 AM

Only just seen this thread .
I first met Andy when he was part of the NORTHSCAPE setup - and his wife Jas who looked after us all with bacon butties and coffee in the early mornings ventures out.
Andy always had time for you and had a good eye too and could use light to great effect in his images

RIP Andy and condolences to Jas and his family

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.