Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

RIP for TV chef Keith Floyd,

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

kombizz
kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Sep 2009 - 12:13 PM

Farewell to the star of TV chef Keith Floyd, - aged just 65
here

Last Modified By kombizz at 15 Sep 2009 - 12:14 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Sep 2009 - 12:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
15 Sep 2009 - 12:38 PM

Oh that's a loss. I always did love his larger than life personality.

Thanks for the fun, Keith.

User_Removed
15 Sep 2009 - 12:41 PM

Just seen this mentioned on the Patrick Swayze thread - awful news. He was one of my favourites from the cooking world. As you say Suzi - a great character...

kombizz
kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Sep 2009 - 12:44 PM

He was one of my favourites for food and the cooking world. Also I loved his cheeful character.
Sad

DaveU
DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
15 Sep 2009 - 12:47 PM

And remarkably he did'nt die of liver failure. Let's hope there's a plentiful supply of red wine in Heaven. A colourful character who put the likes of Delia to shame and mediocrity.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72271 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
15 Sep 2009 - 1:36 PM

I saw a wonderful documentary last night 'Keith meets Keith', where Keith Allen went to stay and chat with Keith Floyd at his home in France. He was as excellent in the docu' as he ever was, and it was a shame to hear about his death today on the news.
Possibly my favourite 'tv chef', as it tried to keep it about the cooking and not all about him, although as he stated in the docu' last night, he could not help but perform, when the cameras were rolling.
RIP.

Henners88
Henners88  5204 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Sep 2009 - 2:52 PM

i think everyone should play 'Peaches' by the Stranglers in memory of Keith... Sad Stuff

Henry Smile

RogBrown
RogBrown  73006 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
15 Sep 2009 - 3:21 PM

What a tragedy. It was him who started my interest in cooking - I just loved the way he'd have a "quick slurp" while he was working. That's what cooking's all about isn't it?

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
15 Sep 2009 - 3:38 PM

Now that is sad news, I loved his cookery programmes. I will have to have a "quick slurp" with dinner tonight to toast his memory.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315583 forum posts England
15 Sep 2009 - 3:55 PM

I remember him cooking Impala curry once in a giant wok somewhere in Africa. Looked delish.

bigalguitarpicker

Quote: What a tragedy. It was him who started my interest in cooking - I just loved the way he'd have a "quick slurp" while he was working. That's what cooking's all about isn't it?

Years ago before ovens came into general use, cooking was done on a fire in the middle of the kitchen, BBQ style you might say, with roasts cooked on spits. Chefs drank lots of ale or wine to help cope with the heat. The work was gruelling with dreadful conditions and dreadful hours and chefs frequently collapsed into the fire. A common complication following getting badly burnt was pneumonia, from which the victim often died. The fire has been replaced these days by the oven, but old habits die hard and lots of Chefs keep up the tradition of being a hard-drinking breed. (I've been a Chef for over 40 years, partial to a red Rioja myself!)
Keith Floyd, Chef and upholder of tradition, I raise my glass to your memory!

RogBrown
RogBrown  73006 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
15 Sep 2009 - 5:07 PM

Quote: old habits die hard and lots of Chefs keep up the tradition of being a hard-drinking breed.

I'll be damned. There was me thinking they were just a load of pi$$heads! Smile

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
15 Sep 2009 - 5:34 PM

I really liked that guy and was wondering only the other week where he'd got to. An infectious personality with an eccentric twist had me all ears when he was on the box. Don't think he did too badly though considering his lifestyle and all - rest in peace mate and I'll see you on the other side....of the dinner table Smile

sospan
sospan  7 Wales
15 Sep 2009 - 8:21 PM

Keith Floyd, a larger than life personality with a great attitude. I loved your cooking style and how you showed us how people, places and cultures impacted on the food you prepared. You were the first TV chef and through your influenece and undoubted enthusiasm started the process of making the culinary world a smaller place. I raise a glass or two to you tonight Keith and thank you.

RiP
Andy

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014807 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
15 Sep 2009 - 8:25 PM

very sad

but what a life he packed into those 65 years.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.