Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Robin Hood Tax

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kombizz
    kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Feb 2010 - 7:57 AM

Robin Hood Tax

The campaign for a "Robin Hood Tax," launched on Wednesday 10th February 2010 was backed by charities such as Oxfam, as well as aid agencies, unions, green groups, financiers and economists and features actor Bill Nighy in its promotional film.

Robin Hood Tax

robinhoodtax.org.uk

www.eapn.org

Robin Hood banking tax 'would raise billions'

The Greedy Eighteen

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Feb 2010 - 7:57 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    28 Feb 2010 - 10:13 AM

So my tax money went to help the banks, now they want to, instead of paying me back, give my tax money to charities? Have I got that right? If so, I would rather choose for myself if I give to a charity. I would rather this "RobinHood" tax was paid to the government and they cut my income tax or the fuel tax at the pump. I haven't read everything, just watched the youtube advert so may have missed lots of facts. But at the end of the day it's not worth bothering about as I won't see any difference. Sure local services and education will have cuts, but this tax isn't going to stop them and the problems that mean there will be cuts have nothing to do with the banks bailout anyway.

I don't think I would vote yes to give my money to another agency like Oxfam. We either loaned the banks the money and therefore they should pay it back to us. Or, we gave it to them and we can all feel good that we kept the backs open.

Its propaganda to make it look like something is being done.

dcash29
    dcash29  81898 forum posts England
    28 Feb 2010 - 10:30 AM

This country is one big JOKE.

They're mad on NHS and Education, just sod off.

Take the money off the dross in the country thats taking 25,000-40,000 a year benefits for NOTHING.

Give that back to the working population and our home charities. Then hopefully they can take their growing number of shops off the highstreet.

Last Modified By dcash29 at 28 Feb 2010 - 10:32 AM
    SuziBlue
    SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Feb 2010 - 11:39 AM

It's an interesting idea. But I don't trust the banks to play fair. You can practically guarantee that they will be getting their lawyers to find every which way to avoid paying it or to transfer banking systems overseas where the tax isn't payable. Maybe that's a bit far fetched but really - who is going to trust the bankers to reduce their profits.

Last Modified By SuziBlue at 28 Feb 2010 - 11:43 AM
    pcheywood
    pcheywood  91300 forum posts England
    28 Feb 2010 - 11:42 AM

Very idealistic thinking.

Meanwhile back in real life land, let's all support another tax in a turkeys voting for christmas way Wink .

Do we really believe that the banks will stand this charge on their profits without passing it on in one form or another?

kombizz
    kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Feb 2010 - 2:27 PM

Quote: Very idealistic thinking.

Meanwhile back in real life land, let's all support another tax in a turkeys voting for christmas way Wink .
    Do we really believe that the banks will stand this charge on their profits without passing it on in one form or another?

I do totally agree with you.
    It is a nice concept, but there are so many loopholes!Sad

Last Modified By kombizz at 28 Feb 2010 - 2:28 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.