Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Robin Williams

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014803 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2014 - 4:35 PM

Quote: I feel that anyone who has depression, has had depression (or any other sort of debilitating illness, mental or otherwise) or has had to watch someone they love go through it, and speaks out about it ... well, they're incredibly brave in my eyes. 'Brave' is an inadequate word, but it's the only one I can think of at the moment.

I have known many people personally who have taken their own life, and not one of them talked about it, or gave any indication they were struggling with depression or anxiety. It seems they suffer internally, and don't share their pain, maybe that's some sort of key, but how would you know? I can't ever remember having problems and not mentioning them, at least to my wife, and she has always been very outgoing about things also. Our 8 year old grand daughter picks up on the slightest differences in any of her close family's lack of well-being, we can't hide anything from her, she senses something's not right in the blink of an eye, and she'll ask about it. I've never known a more considerate person, I hope it doesn't become a burden for her later in life.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Aug 2014 - 4:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

TanyaH
TanyaH e2 Member 11531 forum postsTanyaH vcard United Kingdom40 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2014 - 5:22 PM

In my experience, it's the ones who don't talk about it that are more likely to do it, unfortunately. It's so sad, because by talking about things and allowing others to help, in whatever small way they can, is often the difference between life and death ... literally Sad

And yes, kids are incredibly astute and sensitive sometimes. Being empathic like that is hard, for any age - and by hard, I mean that in order to see and feel someone else's pain you need to take it into yourself a little and share it; and that in itself is hard. But empathy is never a burden for those who care ... it's part of loving and giving and being human.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2014 - 7:36 PM

SadSadSadSadSad

And you can all draw your own conclusions as to why I've been so quiet of late......Ho Hum Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2014 - 8:15 PM

I could add my own bit as well, but I won`t Smile

Terry L
Terry L e2 Member 10577 forum postsTerry L vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2014 - 9:20 PM

Make that plus one moreSmile

collywobles
16 Aug 2014 - 8:55 AM

Depression is something you struggle with on your own thinking no-one cares, but do not realise how much it hurts others especially your closest!

Last Modified By collywobles at 16 Aug 2014 - 8:56 AM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Aug 2014 - 9:28 PM

Quote: Depression is something you struggle with on your own thinking no-one cares, but do not realise how much it hurts others especially your closest!

Often its is those that are closest to you that are the most clueless, you don`t want to burden others with your problems, especially with those that are very close.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.