Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Router Security Flaw

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315243 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2013 - 12:08 AM

I have UPnP turned on as well and I passed.

About a year or so ago I got hacked, my own fault for forgetting to set a name and password for my new router Sad

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 14 Feb 2013 - 12:08 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Feb 2013 - 12:08 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114511 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2013 - 4:24 AM

I have to have UPnP turned on so as to run my webcam devices I use which has to keep a port open all the time to work. But my configuration passwords on the router were changed from the usual default USERNAME/PASSWORD, admin/admin the day it was installed as a matter of course. As for the wireless function of the router, that's switched off as all the machines in the house are hard-wired into the Ethernet Network, much more stable, a lot faster and impossible for someone like neighbours or mobile phone users to try and piggyback.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
14 Feb 2013 - 1:18 PM

The flaw doesn't affect all routers, mine passes with UPnP enabled. But unless you run the test you can't know for sure if your network is safe.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315566 forum posts England
14 Feb 2013 - 2:52 PM

Aha Smile

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2013 - 5:33 PM

I ran the test. My router is also safe but I ned to wash my hair and the cat has crapped in the litter tray..

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43858 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2013 - 5:51 PM

I too ran the test. Safe, apart from the high horse content of the burger I ate 2 hours agoSmile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.