Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Royal Mail

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2012 - 6:39 PM

I heard the gate go, then the letter box, goes to check 5 minutes later only to find a card shoved through the letter box, don`t they knock any more Sad

Now I`ve get to wait 24 hours before going to collect myself.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Jun 2012 - 6:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139433 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2012 - 6:48 PM

Quote: don`t they knock any more

Nope, they have targets to meet so they prefer to scribble out a card rather than knock or ring a bell and wait, perhaps 2-3 minutes for the door to be opened.

I'm sure many of us must have experienced this annoyance. Sad

I'll bet it was a 'new' legacy lens or something, Paul? Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2012 - 6:49 PM

No I think it might have been an EPZ prize Smile

Overread
Overread  63763 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2012 - 6:51 PM

Urgh I hate when they do that!
The bonus is at least when Royal Mail deliver they tend to know where you live - independents tend be a little better at knocking first; but if you're not perfectly located on a satnav they get horribly lost sometimes.

JohnParminter
20 Jun 2012 - 6:52 PM

Depends on your postie, we have Fred who has been delivering post to us for at least 25 years. Fred always has a cheery wave, a quick chat about the weather and a knock on the door, if we aren't in he leaves our post next door and vice-versa. The benefits of living in a community where everyone knows each other I guess. Smile

Madhatter58
20 Jun 2012 - 6:56 PM

Happens all the time, if our parcel post see the curtains drawn they don't even bother to knock just put a card through, they can't be bothered to wait a minute or two. Sad to see a once great institution going down the pan.

Paul Morgan
20 Jun 2012 - 7:01 PM

No it wasn`t our postman, he called an hour or two earlier, he would have knocked to save himself needing to lug it back to the sorting office Smile

User_Removed
20 Jun 2012 - 7:11 PM

Contact your local office and raise hell Paul...

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84277 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2012 - 7:37 PM

Quote: Contact your local office and raise hell Paul...

...........but they don't care!

Big companies don't give a darn about customer satisfaction nowadays. My daughter ordered something, it was in stock, they took her money, THEN said sorry out of stock - expecting any day now. She complained that originally she was told it was in stock and they'd taken her money. She had the 'We are so sorry blah, blah, blah' reply. This went on for two weeks, every time she checked on line the item was 'In Stock'!

She then cancelled the order - and was told she can't because her money had already been taken and the order was being processed - but it's out of stock!!! She pointed out that they weren't being fair, she had the 'We are so sorry blah, blah, blah' reply.

Well eventually she got her money back, but she felt aggrieved and fed up with them so she wrote to Head Office and told them all about her complaint and the fact all she had back from their company were standard 'We are so sorry blah, blah, blah'............................she got a reply!!!!!

'We are so sorry blah, blah blah' - they've now lost several customers!! Tongue

Last Modified By KarenFB at 20 Jun 2012 - 7:37 PM
Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
20 Jun 2012 - 8:19 PM

Bought My D800 from Gray's of Westminster on friday and my postie got someone who knows me and gets their post 2hrs before me to ring me and tell me where he was on saturday morning so that I could be in or meet him on his round.Service or what.Big case of beer coming his way.

Paul Morgan
20 Jun 2012 - 8:23 PM

Do posties carry parcels of that size on there rounds, ours don`t ?

zebraboy
zebraboy  10197 forum posts United Kingdom
20 Jun 2012 - 8:27 PM

We have a postman that.........wait for it........lets himself into the house!!! More that once he's knocked, then just charged straight in looking for a signature. I had to complain about him twice and I've spoken to him directly asking him to not to come into the house.
Of course I should keep the door locked, but sometimes for whatever reason its not.
He still occasionally appears, he doesn't try the door but stands there obviously annoyed with me for reporting him as I quickly sign for a delivery.

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
20 Jun 2012 - 8:45 PM

Yes our postie will carry anything that goes in the van, we are on a country round most of the lads that do our round are very good even when our regular is off. they are also country folk who know what it means to remote communities to have good service.I cannot praise the service we receive highly enough.I have had vehicle bumpers - Airbags - packs of grinding discs about 4kg,- all sorts of bits.If i buy anything and it's Royal Mail delivery I know it will get to me ASAP.

Paul Morgan
20 Jun 2012 - 8:56 PM

Quote: Yes our postie will carry anything that goes in the van, we are on a country round

Hehe yeh I can`t imagine a postie walking a round with parcels that size Smile

EddieAC
EddieAC  9681 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2012 - 9:01 PM

Quote: independents tend be a little better at knocking first; but if you're not perfectly located on a satnav they get horribly lost sometimes.

Occasionally the independents take your money for the postage then post the item through Royal Mail at a cheaper rate. This saves them time when the item is addressed to a remote area and also nets a tiny profit. This is not just parcels but letters too.

Incidentally (as I work for Royal Mail) I did a delivery round years ago at a different office to help cover for a number of staff who were off sick. After knocking on a door and not getting a reply, I wrote the card and posted through the letterbox. As I got further down the road the guy actually followed me to collect his parcel. He must have been on the loo Tongue.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.