Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Royal Mail

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
20 Jun 2012 6:39PM
I heard the gate go, then the letter box, goes to check 5 minutes later only to find a card shoved through the letter box, don`t they knock any more Sad

Now I`ve get to wait 24 hours before going to collect myself.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
20 Jun 2012 6:48PM

Quote:don`t they knock any more

Nope, they have targets to meet so they prefer to scribble out a card rather than knock or ring a bell and wait, perhaps 2-3 minutes for the door to be opened.

I'm sure many of us must have experienced this annoyance. Sad

I'll bet it was a 'new' legacy lens or something, Paul? Wink
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
20 Jun 2012 6:49PM
No I think it might have been an EPZ prize Smile
Overread e2
6 3.9k 18 England
20 Jun 2012 6:51PM
Urgh I hate when they do that!
The bonus is at least when Royal Mail deliver they tend to know where you live - independents tend be a little better at knocking first; but if you're not perfectly located on a satnav they get horribly lost sometimes.
JohnParminter
7 1.3k 14 England
20 Jun 2012 6:52PM
Depends on your postie, we have Fred who has been delivering post to us for at least 25 years. Fred always has a cheery wave, a quick chat about the weather and a knock on the door, if we aren't in he leaves our post next door and vice-versa. The benefits of living in a community where everyone knows each other I guess. Smile
20 Jun 2012 6:56PM
Happens all the time, if our parcel post see the curtains drawn they don't even bother to knock just put a card through, they can't be bothered to wait a minute or two. Sad to see a once great institution going down the pan.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
20 Jun 2012 7:01PM
No it wasn`t our postman, he called an hour or two earlier, he would have knocked to save himself needing to lug it back to the sorting office Smile
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
20 Jun 2012 7:11PM
Contact your local office and raise hell Paul...
KarenFB e2
8 4.4k 163 England
20 Jun 2012 7:37PM

Quote:Contact your local office and raise hell Paul...

...........but they don't care!

Big companies don't give a darn about customer satisfaction nowadays. My daughter ordered something, it was in stock, they took her money, THEN said sorry out of stock - expecting any day now. She complained that originally she was told it was in stock and they'd taken her money. She had the 'We are so sorry blah, blah, blah' reply. This went on for two weeks, every time she checked on line the item was 'In Stock'!

She then cancelled the order - and was told she can't because her money had already been taken and the order was being processed - but it's out of stock!!! She pointed out that they weren't being fair, she had the 'We are so sorry blah, blah, blah' reply.

Well eventually she got her money back, but she felt aggrieved and fed up with them so she wrote to Head Office and told them all about her complaint and the fact all she had back from their company were standard 'We are so sorry blah, blah, blah'............................she got a reply!!!!!

'We are so sorry blah, blah blah' - they've now lost several customers!! Tongue
Graysta e2
9 1.1k England
20 Jun 2012 8:19PM
Bought My D800 from Gray's of Westminster on friday and my postie got someone who knows me and gets their post 2hrs before me to ring me and tell me where he was on saturday morning so that I could be in or meet him on his round.Service or what.Big case of beer coming his way.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
20 Jun 2012 8:23PM
Do posties carry parcels of that size on there rounds, ours don`t ?
zebraboy e2
10 197 Australia
20 Jun 2012 8:27PM
We have a postman that.........wait for it........lets himself into the house!!! More that once he's knocked, then just charged straight in looking for a signature. I had to complain about him twice and I've spoken to him directly asking him to not to come into the house.
Of course I should keep the door locked, but sometimes for whatever reason its not.
He still occasionally appears, he doesn't try the door but stands there obviously annoyed with me for reporting him as I quickly sign for a delivery.
Graysta e2
9 1.1k England
20 Jun 2012 8:45PM
Yes our postie will carry anything that goes in the van, we are on a country round most of the lads that do our round are very good even when our regular is off. they are also country folk who know what it means to remote communities to have good service.I cannot praise the service we receive highly enough.I have had vehicle bumpers - Airbags - packs of grinding discs about 4kg,- all sorts of bits.If i buy anything and it's Royal Mail delivery I know it will get to me ASAP.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
20 Jun 2012 8:56PM

Quote:Yes our postie will carry anything that goes in the van, we are on a country round

Hehe yeh I can`t imagine a postie walking a round with parcels that size Smile
EddieAC e2
10 696 2 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2012 9:01PM

Quote: independents tend be a little better at knocking first; but if you're not perfectly located on a satnav they get horribly lost sometimes.

Occasionally the independents take your money for the postage then post the item through Royal Mail at a cheaper rate. This saves them time when the item is addressed to a remote area and also nets a tiny profit. This is not just parcels but letters too.

Incidentally (as I work for Royal Mail) I did a delivery round years ago at a different office to help cover for a number of staff who were off sick. After knocking on a door and not getting a reply, I wrote the card and posted through the letterbox. As I got further down the road the guy actually followed me to collect his parcel. He must have been on the loo Tongue.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.