Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Royal Mail

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8979 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jun 2012 - 9:10 PM

if its the manfrotto mini tripod get ready for a laugh at the size of the box they sent them out in. If it is DPD delivering to your door, you got similar service as me, card stuck in the back gate no one even tried to deliver as im at home all day. Went to collect the parcel the following day and the attitude from DPD store man was a disgrace.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 20 Jun 2012 - 9:13 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Jun 2012 - 9:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315208 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 1:56 AM

Quote: if its the manfrotto mini tripod get ready for a laugh

No its a ball head Smile

http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/bbh-200-ball-head-winners---week-1-and-2-...

Packaging lol, I once ordered a memory card from Amazon, sinking my hands in the box to find it reminded my of the lucky dips Smile

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8979 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 7:52 AM

lol you may take a fork lift to collect yours then hehe...

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
21 Jun 2012 - 8:43 AM

Quote: Contact your local office and raise hell Paul...

Quote: ...........but they don't care!

It would be extremely hard to prove that he didn't knock and you just didn't hear him. I had a good old moan last time this happened, turned out our doorbell had stopped working. (In fact, it had paired with next door, so you pressed our button, their bell rang, but that's another story...)

I've had mail handed to me in town by our postie, I also had a Christmas card delivered that was addressed to "Brian, end of the cul-de-sac, "

I once had something delivered to home, they got here, noone was home, so they brought it down to my office for me. Awesome service....

collywobles
21 Jun 2012 - 8:57 AM

I find all our individual postman are really nice and helpful, one in particular keeps an eye on the house when we are away, doesn't put any junk mail through our letter box, but I do find as a company the Royal Mail is crap so its no wonder that private companies are beating the hell out of them.

kaybee
kaybee  103801 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 9:06 AM

I have twice caught a van driver delivering a ready made out card .......... no attempt to even take the parcel out of the van.
Letters to the sorting office manager (address by name) have not been replied to.

Yesterday we had two vans draw up together at the door to deliver packages small enough to go through the letterbox (the postie on foot arrived later).
What the hell was that all about? No wonder they arre losing money.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 9:11 AM

Quote: I have twice caught a van driver delivering a ready made out card .......... no attempt to even take the parcel out of the van.

I caught one doing that once and opened the door on him, he looked sheepish went back to the van and after a search it turned out that the parcel wasnt even on the van!
mind you, most courier companies are just as bad.

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 21 Jun 2012 - 9:11 AM
NEWDIGIT
NEWDIGIT  3401 forum posts United Kingdom
21 Jun 2012 - 9:28 AM

At least the royal mail stick a card through and you have to collect.
My neighbour arrived home several months ago to find a couriered parcel on his door step.
The parcel was a new Nikon 18-200 and according to the date it had been on his doorstep for three days whilst he had been away.
I suggested he phoned the courier company who blantantly claimed they had not done it he also contacted the company involved in the sale and advised them, neither could be bothered to even apologise.
If he had been so inclined he could have claimed not to have received the article cancelled the checque and saved himself the cost of the lens.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315208 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 5:59 PM

Quote: It would be extremely hard to prove that he didn't knock and you just didn't hear him

I was about six feet from the front door when the card was shoved through Smile

Lol well I went down to collect today, turned out you have collect before 2pm, so I still don`t have it, jobs worth Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 21 Jun 2012 - 5:59 PM
Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
21 Jun 2012 - 6:04 PM

Quote: I was about six feet from the front door when the card was shoved through

Yes, I said "prove"....

Couldn't catch him if you were that close?

Paul Morgan
21 Jun 2012 - 6:07 PM

I was busy doing something and just assumed it was junk mail until I turned round and checked.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114506 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 7:32 PM

As the crow flies I live 11 miles away from the nearest "main" sorting office in In South Bristol. Yet I know for a fact all my mail goes to Taunton before anywhere else in the country.......I worked for them long enough......

The lunatics have taken over the whole country not just the asylum!......You heard it here first! Tongue

Paul Morgan
21 Jun 2012 - 7:36 PM

I`ve ordered stuff from the states before, its often quicker, more reliable and cheaper postage than the uk.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114506 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jun 2012 - 7:42 PM

How about four days to get it from one side of the Avonmouth Bridge to the other, that was after the original item went missing, never to be found again!

thewilliam
21 Jun 2012 - 8:16 PM

A few years (decades) back, officers in the TA had to buy their own side-arms. One good friend arrived home from work and found a parcel propped up against his front door - it was his new Browning 9mm pistol!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.