Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Rude Photographers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
RonnieAG
RonnieAG e2 Member 4133 forum postsRonnieAG vcard Scotland110 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 10:18 AM

Last Saturday I went to Buchanan St., Glasgow, to view and capture a few shots of some of the classic cars that were to leave on the Monte Carlo Rally later that afternoon. Folk were swarming round the vehicles, there being no barriers set up.
After waiting for a shot, so often another bloke with a camera would jump in front of me and block my view while he got what he wanted. I would say that at least 50 % were behaving like this, only concerned about themselves, the other half showing much more considerate behaviour. Perhaps I ought not to be surprised as society has become more selfish and self centred. I wonder if my experience is typical.
Ronnie.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Jan 2013 - 10:18 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45765 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 10:26 AM

Unfortunately, yes.

MikeA
MikeA  91133 forum posts England
29 Jan 2013 - 10:42 AM

I get my coat.......................

Pro's and Amateurs !!

WhiteRose1
WhiteRose1 e2 Member 4966 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England129 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 10:58 AM

The ones that really irritate are the ones that get in your way, take their snap then stay to admire the view!!!!

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 32142 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
29 Jan 2013 - 11:02 AM

With you all the way Ronnie - a lot of my shots are of wildlife and the amount of people that want to get just that one step closer in front of you & then scare the bloomin' thing away!!!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109965 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 11:16 AM

Yep, particularly wildlifers and worse yet when its an event like at photographers' day at somewhere like the British Wildlife Centre

(another thing, why do the same people feel the need to wear full camouflage gear and bring their 500mm f4LIS in camo wrappings + monster tripod when they would probably do better with a little hand-held point and shoot? Tongue )

GlennH
GlennH e2 Member 81822 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 11:33 AM

Certainly happened a lot when I used to attend that under-photographed event, the Venice Carnival, although it obviously helps, circumstances permitting, if you avoid the need for a lot of air space. Otherwise people tend to walk like they drive. I recall some of the participants at Venice refusing to cooperate with photographers that had selfishly barged into everyone's picture.

scottishphototours

We were in Glencoe one day, 5 of us taking pics.

Car stops and a guy in red anorak walks past us all and into the shot. I politely asked him to move back but he refused and set up a tripod just along from us but in front of another couple of guys.

30 seconds later we witnessed red anorak man, his camera and tripod all being flung into the loch by one of these guys, who obviously had a shorter fuse than me...

icphoto
icphoto  12555 forum posts England
29 Jan 2013 - 11:47 AM

The Circus has started already this year in Northumberland. On Sunday I was at Cresswell ponds at Druridge Bay Northumberland photographing Owls, as were one or two other togs. Suddenly a convoy of eight offroaders came blasting down the small lane, showering the many puddles all over the place, then a load of Muppets in orange, yes thats right orange high viz coats lept out with their camera gear, all shouting into two way radios! This stupid inconsiderate action promptly scared any wildlife withi miles away. From the markings on the 4x4s it looked like a foreign trip, Belgian or Dutch. After they had scared everything away they promptly left, leaving us in peace and quite, and the Owls again.
What sort of company behaves like this? Do they and their clients realise what they are doing? I have witnessed this before at St Abbs Head but never before in Northumberland. SadSadSadSad

losbarbados
29 Jan 2013 - 11:47 AM

I witnessed a similar incident at the olympic torch relay. An elderly couple stood on the pavement for hours waiting for the relay, when a family decided they would come out of the pub opposite and do all they could to block peoples view while they took pictures with their latest iPhones.

Cue me flipping my NUJ card out that is attached to my small camera bag (I know means it nothing really but looks official with a certain sort Wink ) and I just barged through the group and filled everyone of their pictures with my bulk. On the way out I passed my card to the pensioners that had been muscled out telling them that if they drop me a line they could have copies of any that I took.

They were happy, the chavs got what they deserved.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33370 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 11:54 AM

Quote:
(another thing, why do the same people feel the need to wear full camouflage gear and bring their 500mm f4LIS in camo wrappings + monster tripod when they would probably do better with a little hand-held point and shoot? Tongue )

Small penis syndromeWink

RonnieAG
RonnieAG e2 Member 4133 forum postsRonnieAG vcard Scotland110 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 11:56 AM

This all makes sad reading, but I am not really surprised.
Ronnie.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109965 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 12:01 PM

Quote: Small penis syndrome

No thanks, I've already got one! Grin

pulsar69
pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 12:10 PM

It is a sad reflection of today's society, unfortunately the polite British queue and manners have been overtaken by an influx of mainly immigrant influenced behavior which is now becoming commonplace in our own society too, a bold accusation possibly ? I see it every day when i take my child to school, when i go to the shops and in my email inbox, everywhere. Nothing to do but think carefully next time you vote in an election of exactly what you want and what people are willing to do about it.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63201 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 12:13 PM

In a lot of cases they just don't think, or notice you standing there with your camera waiting to take the shot.
My wife & I are very concious of other cameras & will always try to stop & let people take their shots, because we know the frustration. Sometimes we even stop other people crossing in front of the cameras, sometimes getting a load of grief from the ignorants, but often they so "Oh sorry, didn't see the camera", & wait.
I find the French are the worst for pushing in front regardless.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.