Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Rude Photographers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

GlennH
GlennH  91896 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 1:29 PM

Quote: I find the French are the worst for pushing in front regardless.

That's a pretty narrow view of the French, Adrian. Yes, they are often spectacularly good at creating chaos and blatantly disrespectful of queues, but paradoxically some parts of French culture and etiquette are routinely more genteel than anything you'd easily find in the UK.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Jan 2013 - 1:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 1:36 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seconded

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63280 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 2:07 PM

Quote: some parts of French culture and etiquette are routinely more genteel than anything you'd easily find in the UK.

I don't doubt that for one minute but in the context of this thread, ie people pushing in front & standing in the way, I have always found the French to be the worst offenders & the least likely to move when requested.

GlennH
GlennH  91896 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 3:32 PM

Quote: I don't doubt that for one minute but in the context of this thread, ie people pushing in front & standing in the way, I have always found the French to be the worst offenders & the least likely to move when requested.

I find it somewhat tangential to pinpoint inconsiderate behaviour on certain nationalities, too, which I'm sure wasn't the original intention of this thread. Arthur Wellesley had a solution for French disorder, although it would seem a little drastic for the sake of a photo.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63280 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 5:58 PM

Ronnie (the original poster) alluded to the behaviour of the people in Glasgow who were presumably mostly Scots.
[Name removed along with the comment - mod] had commented about the Russians being particulaly bad, & someone else mentioned the poor behaviour of a group whom he thought were either Dutch or Belgian ( & I'll ignore Pulsars' comment). I was just observing that in my experience in many countries, the French tourists seem to be less considerate than most others.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 30 Jan 2013 - 8:55 AM
mikehit
mikehit  46191 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 6:06 PM

France.
Kids.
Ski lifts.
PAH!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314978 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 10:09 PM

Quote: It is a sad reflection of today's society, unfortunately the polite British queue and manners have been overtaken by an influx of mainly immigrant influenced behavior which is now becoming commonplace in our own society too, a bold accusation possibly ? I see it every day when i take my child to school, when i go to the shops and in my email inbox, everywhere. Nothing to do but think carefully next time you vote in an election of exactly what you want and what people are willing to do about it

Steady someone might be along to accuse you of being racist Smile

Quote: After waiting for a shot, so often another bloke with a camera would jump in front of me and block my view while he got what he wanted

I`d walk up and start photographing them, most will soon run for cover Smile

LynneJoyce
LynneJoyce e2 Member 6LynneJoyce vcard United Kingdom97 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 8:36 AM

Narcissism used to be exceptional but now it seems to be the norm, fuelled by the media and a parenting system that seems to exclude the word "no" completely.

I went to Venice for Carnevale last year and was astonished at how considerate the Venetians were to the many photographers there. Many halted in their tracks and waited when I and others were taking photographs and a lady leaned over for me on the Vaporetto to clear my view. Other photographers however were incredibly rude. A firm tap on the shoulder and a gesture to indicate that I was setting up a shot left them shocked and surprised at being challenged, but it usually worked.

At events and paid photo days I have noticed that I tend to get the rude treatment far more than others and I am convinced that this is because as a 65 year old female I am invisible. The sharp tap on the shoulder and a reminder that I am setting up a shot almost always gets a look of complete and utter bewilderment and surprise that I am there at all! I guess that the expectation is that I should be tucked up at home with a hand crocheted blanket draped over my knees. You have to be a very feisty saggy old bat to get any shots at all I today's world.

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93450 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 8:59 AM

It may be reasonable to express an opinion about specific people you have met, but generalised remarks are not reasonable. One has been removed. People have offered balance here for some remarks; as such these can stay.
The point of this thread is that of behaviour, not nationality.

MODERATOR POST
RonnieAG
RonnieAG e2 Member 4139 forum postsRonnieAG vcard Scotland110 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 10:24 AM

It would seem that the rudeness of so many at this event is a fairly typical experience of so many of you. We seem to live in a society where "me" is all important, and consideration for others is non existent for so many.
A sad reflection of the times in which we live, and presumably not part of the Big Society as envisaged by our PM.
Thank you to all who have responded with a 'generalised' comment.
Ronnie.

Last Modified By RonnieAG at 30 Jan 2013 - 10:25 AM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96233 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 2:16 PM

Quote: and worse yet when its an event like at photographers' day at somewhere like the British Wildlife Centre

Go along on a "normal " day or an " epz members meet "and you will not encounter any such problems Wink

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 3:48 PM

I've done the public day (one of our "Olds" coach trips") and you are right Jeff, much better behaved, but you don't get to play footsie with the Foxes or Otters or have the Field Mouse out to play Wink

Not been able to make the EPZ sessions yet but I'm sure everyone is very quiet and polite Grin

JohnChambersPhotography

O I know what you mean Ronnie, Some so called Photographers give the name a bad insight,but then again everyone who carries a camera these days are photographers not all I might add but it's just not on, to them it's dog eat dog, pleased I'm not like that, on the other hand I have had the other side and I know which one I prefer sometimes patience is just not enough, stand your ground I say.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314978 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 8:24 PM

The worst ones are those that pull out the "I am a photographer" card, seconds before you punch them Smile

LynneJoyce
LynneJoyce e2 Member 6LynneJoyce vcard United Kingdom97 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2013 - 11:04 PM

Next time I'm coming on a photo trip with you Paul Morgan. I'll do the sharp tap in the shoulder challenge and if they pull the "I'm a photographer" stunt, you punch them!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.