Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Rugby....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
pepperst
pepperst  62328 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2008 - 11:30 AM

Al no-ones worked up dude, thats the beauty of rugby. A beer and chat no matter what the result, plus a good bit of analysis.

The only upety comment came from a footballer with a nationalistic/xenophobic agenda. Plus mine and slotzys response to it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Feb 2008 - 11:30 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stolzy
stolzy  83753 forum posts7 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2008 - 11:47 AM

Quote: thats the beauty of rugby

Absolutly, considering how physical a game it is its amazing how little violence there is, on or off the pitch.
Most rugby fans I know (me included) would much rather see good game, than see their team win.

pepperst
3 Feb 2008 - 11:55 AM

Here, here. I remember a couple season back sale vs leeds and leeds scored twice with ten mins left, these leeds lads in front of us were going mad (several pints helped) then we scored three times in the next five mins to win. The leeds lads were in almost tears but they got a pat on the back and hand shakes alround and they went the pub with some other sale fans.

or the three french lads who backed into a bar rammed with munster lads and the only 'fight' was who would by the french a pint first.

As a player Ive seen several punches thrown and many a pint drunk after the game by the scrappers for each other.

alwolf
alwolf  7341 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2008 - 11:59 AM

Seem to remember a riot at Hull v Hull K.R.

pepperst
3 Feb 2008 - 12:06 PM

t'other code, very unusual in any case and dealt with swiftly and harshly from memory although musicmate may have more details.

Although when it comes riots, well lets just not start throwing stones on crowd control al Wink

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
3 Feb 2008 - 12:08 PM

Quote: Seem to remember a riot at Hull v Hull K.R.

That's a bunch of Northeners playing League, that should not be confused with the real game!

Last Modified By agoreira at 3 Feb 2008 - 12:13 PM
pepperst
3 Feb 2008 - 12:14 PM

and remember league up there is still a loyalty game, paul cooke grew up supporting one side, played for the other then crossed back. I think that really inflamed tensions (along with ticket issues and refusal of mascots) and things boiled over.

alwolf
3 Feb 2008 - 12:15 PM

Sorry i will stop making comments about Rugby seing as i don't watch it.........now Ice Hockey thats something i can comment on.

pepperst
3 Feb 2008 - 12:18 PM

Relativly simular in outlook for the players from what Ive seen, beat the living bejesus out of each other but have more respect off the pitch.

That said I dont much except for the little I was told in cz

rowarrior
rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2008 - 12:35 PM

Loved going to ice hockey matches when I was in Canada - the NHL was very boring though, they were mostly well behaved Wink Local matches were much more fun Smile

Al do you go and see Telford Tigers then?

Danny_Peters
3 Feb 2008 - 2:25 PM

I went to see the Telford Tigers when I was at school. Needless to say I can't remember the result. That must have been oh, 4 or 5 years ago now.

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2008 - 2:28 PM

Well off topic here but Im going to watch the super bowl the night Smile Only advantage of not working, can stay up late and see it the night...

Another game where you see little violence at games. Ive been at a lot of college games too in the UK and can only think of one or two where players have been ejected and thats usually for calling the refs blind or something very nice and involving four letter words.. Smile

alwolf
3 Feb 2008 - 3:40 PM

Katy had a season ticket at Telford for many years, until they went bust, now they are back playing again as the Tigers, went to the NHL game at the O2 arena last year

Brom
Brom  9804 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Feb 2008 - 6:21 PM

To re-iterate my point of some months ago

English Rugby hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

pepperst
3 Feb 2008 - 6:34 PM

Unless you are french brom then I dont see any other team having much to laugh about from this weekends games. Wales beat a stupid england but were hardly superior whilst Ireland looked like a bunch of strangers or worse (in the case of murphy) cap collectors.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.