Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Rumours Of Full Frame DSLR

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Southend
    Southend  3 United Kingdom
    15 Jan 2012 - 6:12 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/SOSPHOTOGRAPHER

This Page Has A Link To An Image Of A Camera Called A K1.

I wonder why the Pentax UK Man Knew nothing about this.

Take a look if you have any interest.

Best WG

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jan 2012 - 6:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    15 Jan 2012 - 6:32 PM

(Why the bold text??)

Southend
    15 Jan 2012 - 6:58 PM

Because I finally found a picture of the camera from the front.
    It looks pretty real and I wanted other opinion. Thanks WG

User_Removed
    15 Jan 2012 - 8:50 PM

Did it work?

Wink

Jestertheclown
    15 Jan 2012 - 9:18 PM

If it's on Twitter, it must be true (!)

66tricky
    66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
    16 Jan 2012 - 11:35 AM

It looks awful so if it's true then it would need to be an exceptional performer. Further investigation suggests that the camera in picture is probably a prototype created in early 2000s shown at Photokina. Some pre-prod samples appear to have been made and were in use by some Pentax employees but never sold.

Jestertheclown
    16 Jan 2012 - 11:42 AM

Quote: It looks awful so if it's true then it would need to be an exceptional performer.

Pardon?

Do you mean to say that you'd prefer to own a "pretty/handsome/good looking" camera that takes c****y photographs?

66tricky
    66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
    16 Jan 2012 - 2:18 PM

Quote: It looks awful so if it's true then it would need to be an exceptional performer.
    Pardon?

Do you mean to say that you'd prefer to own a "pretty/handsome/good looking" camera that takes c****y photographs?

No. That's not what I wrote is it? But the design is so crap and dated (reminds of an early minolta AF) and the ergonomics look pretty poor it would need to be something special to draw any market away from Nikon or Canon. Especially if aiming for the pro market where the potential user already have investment in the system and lens mount. Pentax don't have the range of top level lenses, leaving potential buyers with only 3rd party lenses to bulk the range. Nikon and Canon also have access to the whole range of 3rd party products as well as their own extensive lines. Sooo, logically, the Pentax camera would have to offer something startling in performance, durability and handling. Making it look crap is hardly a great staring point to take the market by storm.

Bottom line, it appears to be an 11 year old design exercise and it shows it. This is one of those rumour cameras that pops up regularly.

YMMV

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 63272 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jan 2012 - 4:05 PM

Quote: Do you mean to say that you'd prefer to own a "pretty/handsome/good looking" camera that takes c****y photographs?

Why not? Cameras are the modern male bling. Never mind the quality, see how fashionable it looks. Wink

Southend
    30 Jan 2012 - 11:44 PM

The Pentax K-01 camera will be designed by Marc Newson and according to this press invitation received by stuff-review, the official announcement will be on February 2nd, 2012. Not Long To Wait To Find Out Something.

kodachrome
    3 Feb 2012 - 8:51 AM

I saw this comment from Ricoh/Pentax, "We will continue with DSLR's as we have seen a opening in the market for our DSLR's. We need to produce a DSLR above the Kr but below the K5 in price and specs. We also have identified a need for a DSLR above the K5.
    We also need to optimise our DSLR lenses so our picture quality remains competative.
    Our new DSLR cameras will be announced summer 2012.
    Or words to that effect.
    That is good news.

Pete

felixkh
    felixkh  6
    28 Feb 2012 - 8:17 AM

That photo of a rumoured K1 was a prototype MZ-D modelled after the MZ-S of film era. It never materiallised as the sensor back then was a Philip type sensor and was only picked by Pentax and Contax to use. Contax came out with the N Digital, I believe and that was the end of the company as the sensor was crap.

The mirrorless K-01 is coming soon to all shores and in Singapore it would be selling for about SGD$900.00 with the DA40mm XS lens. A Limited Edition K5 silver will also be introduced together with a silver DA40mm XS lens as a set. Price unknown as yet.

So far no concrete news about FF for Pentax.

Cheers.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/pentax/1039690-pentax-k-01-smc-pentax-da-40mmf2-8...

Last Modified By felixkh at 28 Feb 2012 - 8:19 AM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.