Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

S100 Compact

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 54226 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Mar 2012 - 8:11 PM

To call this tiny camera a "compact" can only relate to its actual size. The quality of the images and the range of functions is impressive and I'm seriously thinking of trading in my G11 (except the fold out screen is so useful), which seems very heavy and clunky in comparison.

I've just been snapping away in my living room in dim tungsten light at ISO400 and the noise is negligible - if there is any at all. You really have to look hard to find it. With IS, RAW and quiet/quick focussing, this little beauty's coming with me everywhere from now on. Oh, did I mention, it's so light you can hardly feel any weight in the hand at all. I love it already. Ideal handbag/pocket material, and it's so discreet I'm hoping it's going to help me with my candid street stuff.

Smile

Last Modified By SlowSong at 1 Mar 2012 - 8:14 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Mar 2012 - 8:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  46178 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Mar 2012 - 9:00 PM

I have the S90 and when I review photos without knowing the camera I can be really surprised to see the EXIF data showing 'S90' (I also have 30Dand 7D). It is a little marvel so I can only imagine what the S100 is like.

And the DOF is great for macro!

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 54226 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Mar 2012 - 10:30 AM

Nice to have an independent pov Mike. Smile
    It was a toss up between this and the Fuji X10 but with the Fuji I kept putting it off and off despite being totally smitten. When I picked up the S100 there was no hesitation. Just goes to show, don't act on impulse.

SlowSong
    11 Mar 2012 - 4:54 PM

I gave the Canon S100 a run out yesterday at the theatre. The auditorium was dimly lit of course so I let the camera sort out ISO itself. These are jpegs with just basic and minimal manipulation. I'm pretty impressed - noise is hardly visible.

ISO 1600, f4.5 at 1/13th.
    img-0061-resized.jpg

ISO 1600, f4.5 at 1/10th
    img-0054-resized.jpg

Last Modified By SlowSong at 11 Mar 2012 - 4:55 PM
    SlowSong
    11 Mar 2012 - 5:07 PM

ISO400, 1/125 @ f4.5
    img-0052-resized.jpg

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.