Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Salford Quays

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

stevie
stevie e2 Member 101198 forum postsstevie vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2011 - 10:16 PM

A few years ago I set up a Salford Quays EPZ meet, we met at the Quays, took some shots, had a couple of beers and quite a few of us then went on to Harry Ramsden's chippy for supper.
Anybody interested in another Salford Quays meet (with/without beer, food etc)?
How about the weekend of the 1st 2nd 3rd April? Which day suits best?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Mar 2011 - 10:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GillyB
GillyB e2 Member 9316 forum postsGillyB vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2011 - 11:32 PM

Sounds interesting Steve, if you go for that weekend then we couldn't make it on the 3rd.
Just a thought .... if the NW meeting that was mentioned recently is still happening on the 27th March then there may be some who wouldn't be able to make two weekends on the trot.

Last Modified By GillyB at 9 Mar 2011 - 11:33 PM
KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72507 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
9 Mar 2011 - 11:45 PM

Grand idea, but along with the above comment - this weekend includes Mother's day which might inhibit freedom to attend ( maybe why Gill says 3rd is "out" too..?!). Push it on a coupla weeks..?

stevie
stevie e2 Member 101198 forum postsstevie vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2011 - 5:23 AM

OK looks like the 1st/2nd/3rd not possible. I'll re-check and post a new date.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2011 - 8:49 AM

I'm interested dependent on the date Stevie.

mikesmith
mikesmith e2 Member 1045 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2011 - 8:06 PM

You're already aware of my thoughts Steve....I'm up for it but not that weekend

wamp
wamp  8276 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2011 - 7:45 PM

Being down the road it'd be rude not too! Smile

I'll keep an eye out for dates and give Mark (slaterm) a shout too, be good to get him out too!

Cheers, Sean

Last Modified By wamp at 11 Mar 2011 - 7:46 PM
Goggz
Goggz  72301 forum posts Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2011 - 9:29 PM

Sounds great! Depending on the new date, I'm definitely a possible Wink

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2011 - 10:05 PM

Me too a definite possible Smile

loweskid
loweskid  132042 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2011 - 1:02 AM

I'd be interested in this but you might like to consider postponing it until May when the new swing footbridge and waterfront opens to the public. The new bridge goes between the War Museum and MediaCityUK complex. There's also some new sculptures being installed around the Quays- one is finished, another almost finished and the base of another is just being installed. There is at least one more sculpture yet to be constructed, and possibly another (can't find the link at the moment).

The bridge was officially opened on the 1st, by the Archbishops of Canterbury and York, though I'm not quite sure what they have to do with it...! If anyone's interested there's a short video clip here.

Once it was officially opened it was immediately closed again and won't be opened to us plebs until May, but that's all I know yet. I'll post the date if and when I find out.

BarrieNeilPhotography

I live here (in the NV Buildings - the ones that are designed to look like sails). To be honest, unless you want to physically walk on the new bridge then there is no real need to wait until the official opening as there are plenty of viewpoints to photograph it and longer distance views (i.e not actually on the bridge) are more attractive and interesting anyway.

There is so much interesting architecture around here that you'll be spoiled for choice anyway. It might be worth having a word with Lee (Welshkiwi) about another trip that has already been organised led by Ade

As an aside, I photographed the bridge opening for a newspaper and asked one of the organisers "why the Archbishops?". The candid answer was that they were on a nationwide tour and the two people they originally were hoping for were not available. I'll leave who they might have been to your imagination Grin

stevie
13 Mar 2011 - 6:08 AM

OK - we need to make a decision about the day/date. So could everyone consider the evening of Saturday 23rd April please. Thanks.

wamp
wamp  8276 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2011 - 7:30 AM

I'm pretty sure that one with Lee & Ade is a paid workshop Barrie, not an Epz organised meet Smile

23rd sounds good to me Steve! Smile

Cheers, Sean

BarrieNeilPhotography

It is but you get the benefit of an expert in the genre which is a huge bonus when you don't have much time Smile

Great photo exhibition on in the Lowry Theatre at the moment so don't forget to leave time to have a look at that Smile

stevie
13 Mar 2011 - 8:40 AM

Any more OK for 23rd? I'll confirm and do a meeting link when I get about 4 or 5 more-or-less definites.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.