Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Salvation Army Surprise

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

montechoro
montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2010 - 2:21 PM

We get quite a few different Charity Bags through the letter box during the year.

We had one last week for the Salvation Army Clothing Collection and SWMBO uses it as an excuse to donate to charity, make space in her wardrobe and then go out and replace them again. No problems with that.

However, whilst out walking the dog at the weekend - we found a large pile of exactly the same bags, dumped in the woods.

Quite indignant on behalf the charity paying "local agents" to deliver the bags, only to find them dumped in the woods, I've just telephoned them to let them know why they may not get such a good response in our area as scores of the bags got dumped in the woods and not delivered to households who may be interested in donating to charity.

The lady at the Salvation Army was not at all happy as the "local agents" who have the contract to deliver them is none other than Royal Mail - who are supposed to put them through every door along with the mail.

Shameful behaviour.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Feb 2010 - 2:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
8 Feb 2010 - 4:09 PM

unfortunately it happens. There are just as many hard working posties. Like any and every company there are some lazy so and so's but that shouldnt reflect on the company but on the individual that dumped them.

I don't work for the Royal mail by the way Wink

montechoro
8 Feb 2010 - 4:22 PM

I'm not knocking Royal Mail - and I certainly didn't mean it to come across like that.

Our postie is great and we got our Sally Anne Charity Bag - but whoever dumped the rest in the woods was too stupid to think that it would go unnoticed, had no personal responsibility or care about who is actually paying his wages, couldn't care less about littering the countryside and zero thought about what it might mean to his employers should they find out.

What a lazy, irresponsible so and so.

The Salvation Army said they would be contacting the Royal Mail and took my contact details - so I would hope something is said to the individual concerned and the Royal Mail send someone round to clear up the now waterlogged litter they were actually supposed to deliver along with the mail.

Royal Mail should clean up the mess - not leave it as an additional burden for the Local Authority.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2010 - 4:25 PM

A bit stupid, isn't it?
If they have already collected it, why threw it away afterwards?

montechoro
8 Feb 2010 - 4:29 PM

Sorry Cole - to clarify - RM had the contract to deliver the SA charity bags to households along with the mail.

A lot of the bags never reached the households - they were just dumped in the woods - we found them on a dog walk.

thewilliam
8 Feb 2010 - 4:31 PM

I've found a clear divide our local posties, who are great, and Royal Mail management, who in my experience are a nightmare to deal with as a business customer.

montechoro
8 Feb 2010 - 4:36 PM

@thewilliam - well if they keep digger bigger holes and scoring own goals like this they won't inspire confidence in new customers.

If I worked for SA - I'd be getting compensation for non-performance and non-delivery from them.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2010 - 6:11 PM

ah....must read carefully

montechoro
8 Feb 2010 - 6:19 PM

Quote: Ah....must read carefully

I've done the same many times and had to re-read things twice - too much going on with limited brain cell capacity in my head Smile

Last Modified By montechoro at 8 Feb 2010 - 6:22 PM
jazzygf
jazzygf  10537 forum posts Scotland
8 Feb 2010 - 6:38 PM

Quote:
I don't work for the Royal mail by the way

I use to work for royal mail. To deliver those items the posties are paid 1.6p thats right royal mail works with .6 of a pence so to deliver those items to 600 houses the hard working posties would be paid 9.60 that then gets taxed. and it would take mabey 2 or 3 extra hours to do them. The point is they are more hassle than they are worth. In some places the part time posties do another delivery's door to door items (thats what they are called) to make up the money. But before you all feel sorry for the poor posties there is a general election soon and they are paid 3p for each item delivered now thats not per house thats per voter so 3 or 4 people in a house gets them a nice wee pay day. So election cards, party leaflets thats all parties so say ther is 5 parties that send out leaflets nd then the election card thats a good few quid the postie gets.

jazzygf
jazzygf  10537 forum posts Scotland
8 Feb 2010 - 6:40 PM

Quote: I'm not knocking Royal Mail - and I certainly didn't mean it to come across like that.

Our postie is great and we got our Sally Anne Charity Bag - but whoever dumped the rest in the woods was too stupid to think that it would go unnoticed

The Salvation Army said they would be contacting the Royal Mail and took my contact details -

I would put money on it that your details will be passed onand it will be your postie that willget the blame. 100% GUARANTEE

montechoro
8 Feb 2010 - 6:43 PM

@jazzygf - I won't be finding those in the woods then? Smile

No excuse for dumping what the customer has paid for in the woods though is there?

The posties should deliver the goods the customer has paid for and they are walking past the houses on their round as well.

Coleslaw
8 Feb 2010 - 6:45 PM

I would have thought they do it during their working hours that they are paid for anyway? Or am I wrong?

montechoro
8 Feb 2010 - 6:46 PM

Quote: Quote:I'm not knocking Royal Mail - and I certainly didn't mean it to come across like that.

Our postie is great and we got our Sally Anne Charity Bag - but whoever dumped the rest in the woods was too stupid to think that it would go unnoticed

The Salvation Army said they would be contacting the Royal Mail and took my contact details -
I would put money on it that your details will be passed onand it will be your postie that willget the blame. 100% GUARANTEE

I will go out of my tomorrow to defend my postie to the local sorting office.

The woods where we walk the dog is not on his round - and I would not want him to get any flak over it.

Thank you for pointing that out - I will put it in writing and give him a copy as well as the local sorting office tomorrow. Our postie is great - I will defend him to the hilt.

Last Modified By montechoro at 8 Feb 2010 - 6:46 PM
collywobles
9 Feb 2010 - 7:58 AM

The program Dispaches last night showed a couple of London Sorting Offices infiltrated by a couple of journalists. I really could not understand how both the Managment and the Postman in these two places have the gaul to take their pay. It was like something out of the 1960 car industry and worse.

Management were so incompenent and the workers were bone idol. The PO stated that the two London Sorting Offices did have problems in labour relations. Maybe these two offices should be closed and all the staff there made redundant and put on the dole. - then just maybe when they get up in the mornings they might be prepared to work for a living.

It seems that these two offices are unique because I know my Postie is brilliant even to keeping an eye on my home while we are away. No wonder Royal Mail is losing business and deservedly so if this is how some behave.

Last Modified By collywobles at 9 Feb 2010 - 8:00 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.