Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Same clickers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

dani2
dani2  1045 forum posts
29 May 2004 - 9:03 PM

I have noticed that when I look at a photo and read the comments they nearly always seem to be the same people commenting. Is this just a coincidence or is just a small portion of the members commenting and clicking? Anyone else noticed this? Replies are welcome.
Thanks

Dani

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 May 2004 - 9:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

a11sus
a11sus  11568 forum posts Northern Ireland
29 May 2004 - 9:16 PM

Yes Dani, I seem to follow noseprints all over the place!

I think we fall into little groups - all online at the same time of the day and also similar tastes will draw the same people to the same photos.

Also there will always be a core group willing / able to comment more than others.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 May 2004 - 9:22 PM

We had a thread on this issue a while back.

kelart
kelart  10570 forum posts
29 May 2004 - 9:24 PM

i've notice the same few "faces" using this forum. probably the rest can't find enough time to be active.

balveda
balveda  10124 forum posts United Kingdom
29 May 2004 - 11:45 PM

Maybe some people just look at the forums and read whats going on. I know I sometimes don't have enough time to comment (as I'm at work) but will sneak a read of whats going on!

Mike

dani2
dani2  1045 forum posts
30 May 2004 - 10:09 AM

Thank you for your replies. I agree with susan.

Dani

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2004 - 11:15 AM

Gosh! Here we are! Caught with our clickers down!

What a 'Carry On'

LOL

jas

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023203 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2004 - 2:07 PM

As I post in the hope that others will view my work, I make a point of trying to get round as many shots as I can. Those who post shots expecting comments, and visits, yet make little attempt to comment on the work of others are, to my mind bordering on being self centered to the point of being up their own......

dani2
dani2  1045 forum posts
30 May 2004 - 2:12 PM

I agree with you.

Dani

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2004 - 2:22 PM

Agreed.

(see Coping Strategies)

jas

gibbsy
gibbsy  10403 forum posts Wales
30 May 2004 - 4:25 PM

I think people tend to look and comment on the images that they most like to do themselves. I tend to look at landscapes and wildlife most often, especially if they have a Welsh location. I also try to look at as many as I have time for.
I find it best to avoid the 'adult category' as a whack from behind with a heavy frying pan can be quite painful!

Little Jo
Little Jo e2 Member 132272 forum postsLittle Jo vcard United Kingdom
30 May 2004 - 6:56 PM

I must admit that I simply don't have the time or the energy to wade through the many photos that get uploaded daily. There's just too many of them. I tend to give help through the forum - if I had more free time, I'd spend more time in the gallery.

Jo

dani2
dani2  1045 forum posts
30 May 2004 - 7:15 PM

Quite right gibbsy. Thank you all for your replies.

Dani

ron tate
ron tate  10272 forum posts
30 May 2004 - 8:57 PM

If your face fits you have made it.You can put all the rubbish you like on show and you will get lots of OOh`s and AGHH`s.

nanpantanman
30 May 2004 - 9:58 PM

Very controversial Ron but I don't agree. Have a look at most portfolios and you will find the number of clicks varies wildly from shot to shot. My own portfolio is a good example of this.

There are some people who regularly get high clicks but I havent come across any yet that dont deserve a high number of clicks for the consistent high quality of their work.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.