Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Sample gallery photo...

jjmills 9 153 Scotland
26 Aug 2006 10:24AM
Who picks the photo?

How is it picked?

Been here over a year and never had one shown here.

How about anyone else...

John

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
26 Aug 2006 10:26AM
Just a random thing...done by mirrors, smoke and computers.

wouldn't worry.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
26 Aug 2006 10:31AM
One of my very earliest uploads, which had been unnoticed for two years, recently received 2 clicks on the same day and I was curious as to whether it had been used as the sample shot. It could have been a coincidence but it seems unlikely. I don't know how long the sample pic stays up.
Receiving 2 clicks for an old photo is unlikely to be coincidence, I quite often will spot old photos on the Recent Comments page and will go to the picture from there, or, I can spot the picture on someone else's recent comments, and thirdly I will often deliberately follow someone around especially if they have a similar taste for images that I have.
xanda 10 244 2 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2006 12:11PM
I would assume the selection is random. I've had two shots, that I know of, appear as samples on the front page in the time I've been here. I would expect most people would get featured in this way if they stay members for long enough and upload lots of photos.

Incidently, since none of us is visiting the site 24/7 it would be nice to have those photos that have been used flagged somehow in our portfolios so we know even if we missed the event!

P.S. OK...I'm just a stats junky.
User_Removed 9 4.9k England
26 Aug 2006 1:12PM
After a year and a few months haven't a clue, whether I've been on the FP or even the Reader's portfolio page. Its not a reward or a competition is it, just the way the site functions. Could easily be flagged on PF's i would think.
Col
clevercloggs 10 237 2 United Arab Emirates
30 Aug 2006 4:12PM
do we need these photos?
the sample photos have been moved to such an obscure corner of the home page that I wonder if anyone is interested in these?
Might as well do away with it.
covey 9 1.7k Ireland
30 Aug 2006 4:40PM
Somehow or other a good few of mine have featured. think though they are generally uploads in the last fortnight or so.

T.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.