Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Samsung Galaxy Camera

1 Jan 2014 2:06PM
I am thinking of buying the above, as a holiday camera and want to geotag photos, can I do this whilst travelling without the internet . Dont want to get involved in using the internet abroad., is anyone using this cam how are you getting on with it, it looks like a nice bit of kit for travel.I want to buy the one witout 3g

Regards Nick Frayne

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
1 Jan 2014 5:54PM
there are plenty of other cameras available that tag images using just GPS without needing 3G or wi-fi don't see why the Samsung should be any different
bppowell e2
13 2.1k 2 England
1 Jan 2014 9:39PM
The S3 has GPS
pcheywood e2
9 1.3k England
2 Jan 2014 1:34PM
Not so sure about the galaxy camera, but I'm seriously mulling over acquiring a Galaxy S4 Zoom on the basis that I carry my phone around all of the time, and often forget to carry a compact camera.

Using the old adage that the camera you with you is the best camera you have, it fits the bill superbly. If anyone on here has one could you let me know please !
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
2 Jan 2014 1:47PM
I've just acquired the S4 but haven't had more than a cursory play with the camera so far.

The manual makes it look as if it has a fair bit of flexibility and our daughter in law gets good results with her S3 so it should be OK

(I still can't get my head around trying to use the phone to take pictures though but that is more about me than the phone I suspect Smile )

The screen is excellent though, which was one reason for the upgrade when my old contract ran out, I use it primarily as a point of sale device, showing pics and taking orders
2 Jan 2014 2:15PM
My wife got a free Samsung Galaxy Camera with her new phone last year and we've had it on two holidays and nights out, Christmas etc - it really is a very good camera indeed.

It's a bit bulky (my daughter has the Lumix TZ40 which would make an excellent travel camera as its so small) and there are a few quirks that we've not been able to sort out, but other than that I would highly recommend it. Most reviews we've seen gives it 4/5 or better and I was shocked that she got it free with her phone as it was for sale in Jessops for 329 when she got it!

We don't use it for Geo-tagging so can't comment on how good this would be, sorry.

Andy
2 Jan 2014 2:54PM
Apparently it has a Geo-Magnetic sensor fitted, so geo-tagging should be possible.

Note that it also has Google maps option so you must be able to shoot and map at the same time??

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.