Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Samsung Galaxy S2 (II)

Sinth e2
8 58 United Kingdom
8 May 2012 7:47PM
Did a quick search for the phone and didn`t spot a thread. From day 1 I was and still am really impressed with what pictures it takes. There was an initial "pink halo" effect against a white wall but soon realised with research it wasn`t the phone, just phone cameras and sensors in general.

Anybody else impressed with the camera? It has now got fancy effects thanks to android 4 but not yet used. Technology has come a long way, a nice little point and shoot, in fact better than the wife`s Panasonic point and shoot camera. She also has the phone though...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Photographer friends who have Galaxy S2 phones report the same thing, that the S2's camera is very impressive and they no longer need to carry a compact camera. It's also a killer Android phone as well.
gar67 2 11
8 May 2012 9:48PM
I would definitely agree about the phone, plus the editing software that comes with the phone is excellent. It takes a bit of getting used to, particularly if you have sausage fingers. With little practice though you can highlight and mask areas, single out colours and add blur very easily. Below are a couple of photos taken and edited all on my phone.

2011-08-14-09-43-56.jpg

2-2011-08-14-09-32-16.jpg

Sinth e2
8 58 United Kingdom
12 May 2012 6:43PM
Very nice! Grin
Stu
bluehouse 2 6
24 Jul 2012 8:42AM
Clear and beautiful....
JoanH 8 300 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2012 5:08PM
I like my Galaxy Ace too It took me a while to get used to it,it's so sensitive. I would show u some fotos, well I could if I hadn't deleted them .I was shocked is there anyway to get them back without it costing a lot or shall I just put it downt to a steep learning curve. Thanks Joan
SueEley 8 271 96 Wales
17 Aug 2012 5:18PM

Quote:I like my Galaxy Ace too It took me a while to get used to it,it's so sensitive. I would show u some fotos, well I could if I hadn't deleted them .I was shocked is there anyway to get them back without it costing a lot or shall I just put it downt to a steep learning curve. Thanks Joan

Download Dropbox and link your phone to it. Set to only upload via wifi, then your phone will upload them when you get home! No need to keep them on the phone or lose them.
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2012 6:24PM
The memory in the galaxy series of phones is the same as an SD card, just without the plastic casing. Try using a standard recovery programme and you may be surprised at what comes back.
I've just upgraded to the S3, and it's great. The camera is quite impressive. It's got the same hardware as the S2, with a few clever software enhancements.
JoanH 8 300 United Kingdom
18 Aug 2012 4:23PM
Thanks for helpful suggestions Joan

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.