Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Samsung Galaxy S2 (II)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Sinth
    Sinth e2 Member 758 forum postsSinth vcard United Kingdom
    8 May 2012 - 7:47 PM

Did a quick search for the phone and didn`t spot a thread. From day 1 I was and still am really impressed with what pictures it takes. There was an initial "pink halo" effect against a white wall but soon realised with research it wasn`t the phone, just phone cameras and sensors in general.

Anybody else impressed with the camera? It has now got fancy effects thanks to android 4 but not yet used. Technology has come a long way, a nice little point and shoot, in fact better than the wife`s Panasonic point and shoot camera. She also has the phone though...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 May 2012 - 7:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pat_Stones
    8 May 2012 - 9:34 PM

Photographer friends who have Galaxy S2 phones report the same thing, that the S2's camera is very impressive and they no longer need to carry a compact camera. It's also a killer Android phone as well.

gar67
    gar67  1
    8 May 2012 - 9:48 PM

I would definitely agree about the phone, plus the editing software that comes with the phone is excellent. It takes a bit of getting used to, particularly if you have sausage fingers. With little practice though you can highlight and mask areas, single out colours and add blur very easily. Below are a couple of photos taken and edited all on my phone.

2011-08-14-09-43-56.jpg

2-2011-08-14-09-32-16.jpg

Sinth
    Sinth e2 Member 758 forum postsSinth vcard United Kingdom
    12 May 2012 - 6:43 PM

Very nice! Grin
    Stu

bluehouse
    bluehouse  1
    24 Jul 2012 - 8:42 AM

Clear and beautiful....

JoanH
    JoanH  7300 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Aug 2012 - 5:08 PM

I like my Galaxy Ace too It took me a while to get used to it,it's so sensitive. I would show u some fotos, well I could if I hadn't deleted them .I was shocked is there anyway to get them back without it costing a lot or shall I just put it downt to a steep learning curve. Thanks Joan

SueEley
    SueEley e2 Member 7271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Aug 2012 - 5:18 PM

Quote: I like my Galaxy Ace too It took me a while to get used to it,it's so sensitive. I would show u some fotos, well I could if I hadn't deleted them .I was shocked is there anyway to get them back without it costing a lot or shall I just put it downt to a steep learning curve. Thanks Joan

Download Dropbox and link your phone to it. Set to only upload via wifi, then your phone will upload them when you get home! No need to keep them on the phone or lose them.

discreetphoton
    discreetphoton Site Moderator 93429 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Aug 2012 - 6:24 PM

The memory in the galaxy series of phones is the same as an SD card, just without the plastic casing. Try using a standard recovery programme and you may be surprised at what comes back.
    I've just upgraded to the S3, and it's great. The camera is quite impressive. It's got the same hardware as the S2, with a few clever software enhancements.

JoanH
    JoanH  7300 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Aug 2012 - 4:23 PM

Thanks for helpful suggestions Joan

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.