Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Samsung Galaxy S4

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2013 - 6:54 PM

Interesting article:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/pc-sales-hit-by-biggest-decline-in-20-years-as-tablet
-takes-over-8569069.html

Just as smartphone sales are hitting compact cameras, tablets are hitting computer sales.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Apr 2013 - 6:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
12 Apr 2013 - 1:51 AM

Samsung have now introduced a phone with a 6.3" screen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22107787

It will look a bit odd holding one of those to your ear! Grin

Rainnpx
Rainnpx  1 United States
14 Apr 2013 - 6:28 AM

My new one is Samsung Note 2 with 5.5" and it's big... Grin 6.3" sounds a bit too much though.

Carabosse
14 Apr 2013 - 3:01 PM

Yes, it's not far short of tablets like my Nexus 7............ and I'd feel a bit of a twit holding something of that size up to my ear in public! Grin

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014057 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2013 - 3:11 PM

Having seen lots of tourists using full size Ipads to take photos, I am starting to doubt whether the size would bother a lot of people. The advantage of 1 device that does it all is pretty great.

After all if you are making calls you can use the headphones, so the only time it becomes inconvenient is receiving calls when you don't have the headphones plugged in. A small inconvenience compared to the advantage of a nice big screen.

Carabosse
14 Apr 2013 - 4:54 PM

I guess you could always use a Bluetooth earpiece.

I am thinking of recommending the new mega-Samsung Note to a techophobe friend of mine - to save him getting a tablet - but I'd like to see what they look like first.

jimbro
jimbro  137 forum posts Scotland
21 Apr 2013 - 11:45 AM

I had the Galaxy S2.
Just recently jumped to the S3 LTE(4G version) as there's a big difference in spec from S2 to S3
Not such a difference from S3 to S4 though and it's a lot of money to pay for not a lot extra

As well as the S3, I have the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" tablet and I'll be keeping it.
The S3 is extremely capable and very fast with its quad core CPU and 2GB RAM but the tablet is better for some things like looking at photos, viewing
certain websites and watching video(and typing).

If I had the S4, I would feel exactly the same.
The big advantage the phone has is it can take a 64GB class 10 microSD card so I have my entire music library on it(all 26GB)
Either way, I wouldn't be without either of them but I wouldn't pay all that money for an S4 as I wouldn't gain very much

Haven't looked at the Galaxy Note but a friend has one and he loves it

Goldfynche
19 Jun 2013 - 7:59 PM

Just replaced my iPhone4 for a Galaxy Note 2 today. Ah..............new toys!

winleon
winleon  1
19 Jul 2013 - 10:38 AM

its not that far in size,
but s4 is a great phone youll ever had. Smile

Carabosse
20 Jul 2013 - 1:41 PM

I wonder how the HTC One compares?

Some rate it at slightly above the Galaxy S4.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.