Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Samsung Gx10 or Olympus E520

5 Jul 2009 1:19PM
I am planning to get a new DSLR for myself since my girlfriend wants my Nikon D60. I am getting the Gx10 twin lens kit for almost the same price as E520 single kit lens.
I am amateur level in skill. Please suggest which one should I get.

Thanks in advance.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Billyray e2
7 70 3 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2009 3:47PM
I bought an Olympus E510 last year with a 14-42 and a 40-150 kit lens set. I wish I had saved a bit longer and bought a Cannon. I have been rather disappointed with quite a lot of the resulting photographs. It may well be me, but I have had several Olympus cameras before with no problems which was why I chose the Olympus. By the way there do not appear to be as many second hand lens available for Olympus cameras either. Hope this helps.
Ray
MattGrayson e2
7 622 3 England
6 Jul 2009 10:14AM
Why not get another Nikon then you can share the lenses? Saves you money and gets you both closer. Or the arguments start... Wink
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
6 Jul 2009 1:03PM

Quote:I am getting the Gx10 twin lens kit for almost the same price as E520 single kit lens

Well the GX10 knocking on a bit now, so not surprised Smile

Quote:but I have had several Olympus cameras before with no problems which was why I chose the Olympus

Dslr`s or compacts ?

Quote:Why not get another Nikon then you can share the lenses

Makes a lot of sense, get another Nikon
Billyray e2
7 70 3 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2009 4:00PM
Started with an Olympus trip for each of my 3 children then moved up to Olympus Om2n with 50mm F2 plus wide angle and 200mm lens,
all of which were stolen in Ibitha, then an Olympus digital compact C760z (300)mm zoom. Also bought my wife an Olympus FE 230 compact.
Ray

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.