Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

save for web colours

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mohikan22
    mohikan22  102180 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hi all. i have a calibrated monitor using my Huey pro once a month. When i open my images (raw) they are sRGB in ACR 7.0 and the colours are ok. When i edit in photoshop CS6 the colours are fine. However when i goto SAVE FOR WEB option the colours SATURATE big time. with embed profile turned on and sRGB selected. the "original" shot on the left is saturated in comparison to the original behind in photoshop...

SCREENSHOT HERE

many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Jun 2013 - 11:52 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH
    GlennH e2 Member 81822 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2013 - 3:32 PM

Switch 'Monitor Color' off and change it for 'Internet Standard' or document profile. I know it seems counter-intuitive, but 'Monitor Color' is effectively switching colour management off.

mohikan22
    mohikan22  102180 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2013 - 6:04 PM

ok thankyou glen ill give that a bash. i also noted.. in the original background it says .cr2 rgb will that make a difference? noting i shoot in adobe rgb in camera raw format

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214403 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2013 - 7:27 PM

Under the picture opened in PS it will tell you what format it is in and if your ever in any doubt just go to edit and select convert to profile near the bottom and choose srgb or what ever it needs to be.

GlennH
    GlennH e2 Member 81822 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2013 - 10:19 PM

The colour-shift in 'save for web' is pretty harmless, though it is a bit discomforting. It's a local issue - nobody else is going to see it.

'Monitor Color' is the same as 'Monitor RGB' proofing inside Photoshop - it's showing you how the colour looks without the monitor profile. Strangely, I think it's the default setting in 'save for web', though you'll notice a problem more readily if you have a wide-gamut monitor.

Last Modified By GlennH at 20 Jun 2013 - 10:20 PM
    colinEIZO
    colinEIZO e2 Member colinEIZO vcard
    21 Jun 2013 - 3:56 PM

Hi Paul,

Glenn is correct in his comments about wide-gamut monitors. As most web viewers generally work in the sRGB colour space, any editing done in a wider colour space will give you a saturated effect. You would need to ensure the monitor is calibrated to sRGB and the correct profile is applied.

There is a good ebook about this stuff (it is free) which is available here: http://www.nativedigital.com/practical-colour-management-v4-ebook-pdf/

Colin (EIZO)

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214403 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Jun 2013 - 11:48 PM

Quote: Hi Paul,

Glenn is correct in his comments about wide-gamut monitors. As most web viewers generally work in the sRGB colour space, any editing done in a wider colour space will give you a saturated effect. You would need to ensure the monitor is calibrated to sRGB and the correct profile is applied.

There is a good ebook about this stuff (it is free) which is available here: http://www.nativedigital.com/practical-colour-management-v4-ebook-pdf/

Colin (EIZO)

Yes I agree

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.