Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Saving to memory cards

phil_j 8 133 4 England
14 Feb 2010 5:34PM
There is probably a very simple answer to this question, and in asking it I may come across as looking a bit stupid....but I am going to ask it anyway!!.

I shoot all my images in raw, processing in capture one and saving as a .tif file, then after minor work in PS I also save a copy as a .jpg file.

I have been asked if I could put a selection of images on to a memory card so that they could be viewed on a digital photo frame, my question is how would I go about transfering my images as .jpg's back from my hard drive to a memory card?

I hope that makes sense and somebody may be able to help me.

Thank you in advance.

Phil

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cambirder 10 7.2k England
14 Feb 2010 5:47PM
Use a card reader, the memory card is treated as just another disk, so you can copy anything you like to it.
phil_j 8 133 4 England
14 Feb 2010 5:51PM
Thanks Paul, I had a feeling that would be the case, but just wanted to ask for advice first, thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my question.

Phil
14 Feb 2010 7:02PM
Don't forget you can resize them very small so you can get the maximum number of files on to the card. They'll show up OK on the screen of the digital frame. I don't know exactly how small you can go, maybe someone else knows? I sized all my digital frame pics at 300px longest side as far as I can remember.
phil_j 8 133 4 England
14 Feb 2010 7:20PM
Thank you Alexander

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.