Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Scanners

Mavis e2
12 143 2 England
23 Jul 2002 1:31AM
I have boxes of slides too (neatly labled) what is the best and affordable way to deal with them,so that I will be able to use them on ePHOTOzine. They go back to 1975 !
I must say if you cannot sleep this site is wonderful. I am really enjoying it . As some one has said it really is better than comics . I've already learned a thing or two . Mavis

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sinargee e2
12 245
23 Jul 2002 7:46AM
Hi Mavis,
I've just bought a Canon 1230U flat bed and film scanner, it will scan negs & slides 35mm to 5x4. Its not teribble fast you can only scan three 35mm frames at once in a strip or one at once if mounted slides. The maximum resolution is a true 1200 DPI and it performs well enough. ware house express had them on special offer at 99 pounds, they were 230 when they first came out in Jan of this year, a real bargain.

regards Bill
lesb e2
12 90
23 Jul 2002 1:03PM
Mavis- one thing to consider - do you want to print out your photos or just put them on the web?
If you want to print, I'd look at a dedicated film scanner - there are some cracking deals around and you could print A4+ on an inkjet on beginner scanners around the 300 mark.

Depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. Take a look at www.scanners.org.uk to see what's available THEN SHOP AROUND. Keying "Film Scanners" into Ebay will give you some second hand options as well if you are prepared to take the risk.

Good Luck
Les
Mavis e2
12 143 2 England
23 Jul 2002 1:34PM
Dear Bill and Les,
Thanks for your time. I do want to put my pictures on ePHOTOzine also want to print some . So it looks as always when I start some thing it will cost more than I first thought of! It will be false economy to get something too cheaply which I will get disatisfied with if it isn't up to the standard I want. So , hey-ho here we go again . I will put all the bills in a hat and the first out will be lucky ! Regards Mavis
7 Aug 2002 9:47PM
I know what you mean Mavis. Isn't it terrible to have a hobby that you love dearly and can't run right out and get all the goodies for it. I seem to get things a piece at a time. There is a thread about scanners that I began under traditional photography you may want to look at.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.