Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Scheduled Upgrade - 25th Feb 2014

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72303 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    24 Feb 2014 - 4:27 PM

Hi Everyone,

We would like to make you aware that tomorrow morning, between 10:30am-11:30am, we will be upgrading the site to the new V6 framework that was recently beta tested this past week. We don't expect any downtime, however there may be the occasional 'blip' where pages may appear odd for a minute while we are upgrading.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 24 Feb 2014 - 4:28 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Feb 2014 - 4:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade123
    ade123 e2 Member 1160 forum postsade123 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2014 - 5:12 PM

Great news I'm really looking forward to the newer version

Jestertheclown
    24 Feb 2014 - 5:23 PM

Quote: Scheduled Upgrade - 24th Feb 2014

Should that be 25th . . . ?

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 54231 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2014 - 5:44 PM

Oooh, exciting. Hope you're all wearing your flack jackets up there in the Towers. Grin

arnieg
    arnieg  10682 forum posts England
    24 Feb 2014 - 7:14 PM

wondered why pete retired

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2014 - 8:12 PM

Uh-oh! Grin

pablophotographer

Quote: Wondered why pete retired

lol

KevinEllison
    KevinEllison e2 Member 72500 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
    25 Feb 2014 - 9:32 AM

Quote: Oooh, exciting. Hope you're all wearing your flack jackets up there in the Towers

ditto.... Luddite stopwatch at the ready....good luck with it David & Co....Smile

mikehit
    mikehit  46188 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2014 - 11:44 AM

I can't say I like the visual effect with all the square boxes - it somehow seems busier and harder to focus on the individual postings (little to differentiate adverts vs headers vs posts for example). I used to look at other sites, which have a design like this, and the EPZ site seemed more 'relaxed' in appearance and easier to read. It seems that website programmers have not taken courses in psychology.

I am sure I will get used to it, though. Such is progress.

It does seem quicker, with page changes taking less time.

bricurtis
    bricurtis e2 Member 91894 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2014 - 12:20 PM

When opening an image in galleries, PF etc, I'm not keen on the look of the image being jammed in top and bottom of the viewing panel.
    I think an image displays much better with space all around it especially on a chosen black ePz back ground.

Last Modified By bricurtis at 25 Feb 2014 - 12:23 PM
    mrswoolybill
    mrswoolybill Critique Team 7395 forum postsmrswoolybill vcard United Kingdom971 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2014 - 12:24 PM

Quote: When opening an image in galleries, PF etc, I'm not keen on the look of the image being jammed in top and bottom of the viewing panel.
    I think an image displays much better with space all around it.

I agree with that, I'm missing the space for background above and below images. But apart from that I've managed to find everything that I need, and I quite like the clean look.

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2014 - 2:08 PM

i dont think im missing anything but i just did a critique and wasnt offered the opportunity to edit my comments afterwards
    Phil

bricurtis
    bricurtis e2 Member 91894 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2014 - 2:55 PM

Quote: When opening an image in galleries, PF etc, I'm not keen on the look of the image being jammed in top and bottom of the viewing panel.
    I think an image displays much better with space all around it especially on a chosen black ePz back ground.

Thanks guys - just popped back and I see the problem has been addressed.Smile

mrswoolybill
    mrswoolybill Critique Team 7395 forum postsmrswoolybill vcard United Kingdom971 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2014 - 3:39 PM

Just got back on the site and the gallery pictures are much better presented now - thanks guys for listening and responding so quickly!
    Moira

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.