Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Scotlands Politics

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
6 May 2011 - 2:50 PM

An SNP majority in the Scottish Parliament!

Absolutely stunned, better than I ever couldíve hoped for. Now donít screw this up Alex!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 May 2011 - 2:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
6 May 2011 - 3:04 PM

Quote: Now donít screw this up Alex!

If he does he can always spend his time on that golf course he is keen that that his mate Donald Trump gets built on a SSSI.

robob
robob  111022 forum posts England
6 May 2011 - 3:16 PM

Just out of interest, how would you vote on independance?

roxpix
6 May 2011 - 3:17 PM

Quote: If he does he can always spend his time on that golf course he is keen that that his mate Donald Trump gets built on a SSSI.

Well we do have the status of having the worldís highest number of golf courses per capita so wouldnít want to risk losing that. Drive on Alex, you have the honours! Wink

roxpix
6 May 2011 - 3:28 PM

Quote: Just out of interest, how would you vote on independance?

Iím not naive, when the referendum comes round (26th June 2014 has been suggested on TV) Iíll vote for Independence but not through some medieval motive of give us our country back & give us our oil!

The referendum will likely not garner sufficient support but every Yes vote will have a strong message to Westminster politicians (not to England or the English people) that they need to treat every country in the Union correctly with respect to their own national identity, social & cultural requirements so that when the Westminster parties draft their mandates to govern then its suitable for the whole Union!

Last Modified By roxpix at 6 May 2011 - 3:32 PM
adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73373 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
6 May 2011 - 3:32 PM

So that's us packing up. Soon to be put on the next cattle truck south, foreheads branded " return to source, no longer wanted here".
Anti-English barbs have already started. Comments about "bring on independence", "FEBs", "kick out the English/Foreigners" ( delete as appropriate) abounding.

roxpix
6 May 2011 - 3:55 PM

Adrian I wouldnít worry too much Iíve seen just as many barbs from the English web trolls about Scotland going bust, give them their independence (like itís theirs to grant) & so on

Even if through the remote chance that independence was achieved I doubt itíll lead to a Ďclearingí & Iím pretty sure the line The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots was a work of fiction

The SNP didnít get a majority on the topic of an independence vote

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315605 forum posts United Kingdom
6 May 2011 - 4:03 PM

Quote: The SNP didnít get a majority on the topic of an independence vote

No they got it on a bunch of financial promises funded by English taxpayers.

Tongue

robob
6 May 2011 - 4:06 PM

Lights the blue touch paper and quickly withdraws!

Big Bri
6 May 2011 - 4:11 PM

oh come on, it's in healthy debate

roxpix
6 May 2011 - 4:13 PM

Quote: No they got it on a bunch of financial promises funded by English taxpayers.

Promises are actually very cheap to make.................... & just as well I guess Wink

Big Bri
6 May 2011 - 4:18 PM

I am of course getting my facts from the Daily Mail, that well known source of accurate facts and balanced opinions.

robob
6 May 2011 - 4:25 PM

I can't help sensing a slight hint of racism from national party's.

I'm know I'm wrong and I know that Alex salmond and his SMP's have not got a racist bone in their bodies. But all that tub thumping can be taken the wrong way by some of the people who support them, I can understand why adrian_w has anxiety about the future.

Big Bri
6 May 2011 - 4:35 PM

unfortunately some people equate nationalism with racism, as the term has been appropriated by certain people.....

scottishphototours

I personally think that the Scots have voted for Alex Salmond (one of Scotland's best politicians in a generation) and NOT the SNP per se. If you don't believe me, ask yourself this question - if Alex Salmond dies tomorrow, who is his natural SNP successor??. Then name the top five SNP bigwigs in Scotland (the majority of Scots couldn't do this either). I agree that some of the policies that the SNP have promoted in Scotland have been mighty successful, and people clearly like them - combine that with a charismatic leader and you have a great result at the polls.

I also don't think that Scotland is ready for, or heading to, independance any time soon.

I also heard a comment on the radio today saying that Scottish independance would require a referendum by the English to ALLOW us to break up the Union, which was essentially signed by both parties - interesting...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.