Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Scottish Locations - Suggestions please!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ChazB
    ChazB e2 Member 964 forum postsChazB vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2008 - 6:56 PM

My boyfriend and I are looking to spend a few nights away during our University's 'reading week' in November. I'd really like to go somewhere which offers plenty of photo opportunities, however as he isn't a photographer, maybe some other attractions such as a town/castle to visit (even though it'll probably be raining!). So far we've briefly looked at Kinloch Rannoch and I'll also mention that last year we went to Loch Ard. Finally, as I'll be driving I'd prefer somewhere that's within 3 hours of St Andrews. So if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

Last Modified By ChazB at 10 Oct 2008 - 6:59 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Oct 2008 - 6:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rowarrior
    rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2008 - 8:08 PM

We stayed here in April, it's within travelling distance of a number of photogenic locations. We stayed in the Lodge in the private room wing, which was a great deal, and the pub/restaurant on site serves fantastic food

HTH

KT

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2008 - 8:10 PM

If either of you haven't seen Rannoch or Glencoe before then it is a mindblower

Adrian

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 61195 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2008 - 8:25 PM

Glencoe is a must see location. Rannoch moor definately and if the gondola at aonach mor (hope i spelled that right) is operating then take a trip up the mountain and have haggis in the snow goose restaurant. Wrap up very warm though as even in august it can be mighty chilly up there. If it is a clear day the views are stunning! Another fab thing to do is take the steam train (Hogwarts Express) from Fort William to Mallaig. The most scenic train journey you could ever do.

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 61195 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2008 - 8:30 PM

I have just looked at your link Rowarrior. We stayed at Onich a few years ago and more recently at Bunree on the shores of Loch Linnie. Will be back next year in the same area as we love it there. Your link certainly brought back a few very happy memories. Smile

GillyB
    GillyB e2 Member 9316 forum postsGillyB vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2008 - 11:14 PM

There must be so many good locations to choose from so I am sure you can't go wrong. Rannoch moor sounds good. Smile

kaybee
    kaybee  103827 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Oct 2008 - 11:22 PM

You don't have to go north ................ what about Lindisfarne?

JBA
    JBA  6341 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2008 - 8:26 AM

A trip up to Deeside and over Glen Shee could be fun. Some touristy stuff there as well as scenery.
    Jon

KBan
    KBan  9457 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Oct 2008 - 9:02 AM

glencoe was stunning...............And it was raining heavily.
    keith

uggyy
    uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2008 - 1:38 AM

There some locations here in the Glencoe area to hel you find some of the more pop spots....

Glencoe has the adv of a lot of class spots in a small area all things considered.

ChazB
    ChazB e2 Member 964 forum postsChazB vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2008 - 2:47 AM

Thanks so much for the info and suggestions! I've seen shots on here over the last 3 years of the Glencoe/Rannoch moor area so would really like to try and get there as it does look stunning. Also thanks for the links Katy and Thomas, will have a look at them!

Charlotte

Last Modified By ChazB at 12 Oct 2008 - 2:47 AM
    uggyy
    uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Oct 2008 - 3:07 AM

The last time I said to a certain Katy to head up there, she parked behind me and we didnt even meet !!! Small world... Wink for EPZ that is.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.