Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Scottish Locations - Suggestions please!

ChazB e2
9 64 3 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2008 6:56PM
My boyfriend and I are looking to spend a few nights away during our University's 'reading week' in November. I'd really like to go somewhere which offers plenty of photo opportunities, however as he isn't a photographer, maybe some other attractions such as a town/castle to visit (even though it'll probably be raining!). So far we've briefly looked at Kinloch Rannoch and I'll also mention that last year we went to Loch Ard. Finally, as I'll be driving I'd prefer somewhere that's within 3 hours of St Andrews. So if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rowarrior 6 4.4k 9 Scotland
10 Oct 2008 8:08PM
We stayed here in April, it's within travelling distance of a number of photogenic locations. We stayed in the Lodge in the private room wing, which was a great deal, and the pub/restaurant on site serves fantastic food

HTH

KT
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2008 8:10PM
If either of you haven't seen Rannoch or Glencoe before then it is a mindblower

Adrian
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2008 8:25PM
Glencoe is a must see location. Rannoch moor definately and if the gondola at aonach mor (hope i spelled that right) is operating then take a trip up the mountain and have haggis in the snow goose restaurant. Wrap up very warm though as even in august it can be mighty chilly up there. If it is a clear day the views are stunning! Another fab thing to do is take the steam train (Hogwarts Express) from Fort William to Mallaig. The most scenic train journey you could ever do.
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2008 8:30PM
I have just looked at your link Rowarrior. We stayed at Onich a few years ago and more recently at Bunree on the shores of Loch Linnie. Will be back next year in the same area as we love it there. Your link certainly brought back a few very happy memories. Smile
GillyB e2
9 316 8 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2008 11:14PM
There must be so many good locations to choose from so I am sure you can't go wrong. Rannoch moor sounds good. Smile
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
10 Oct 2008 11:22PM
You don't have to go north ................ what about Lindisfarne?
JBA 6 341 1 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2008 8:26AM
A trip up to Deeside and over Glen Shee could be fun. Some touristy stuff there as well as scenery.
Jon
KBan 9 468 4 England
11 Oct 2008 9:02AM
glencoe was stunning...............And it was raining heavily.
keith
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
12 Oct 2008 1:38AM
There some locations here in the Glencoe area to hel you find some of the more pop spots....

Glencoe has the adv of a lot of class spots in a small area all things considered.
ChazB e2
9 64 3 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2008 2:47AM
Thanks so much for the info and suggestions! I've seen shots on here over the last 3 years of the Glencoe/Rannoch moor area so would really like to try and get there as it does look stunning. Also thanks for the links Katy and Thomas, will have a look at them!

Charlotte
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
12 Oct 2008 3:07AM
The last time I said to a certain Katy to head up there, she parked behind me and we didnt even meet !!! Small world... Wink for EPZ that is.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.