Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Scottish meet 18-20 November

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Happy Ending :-)
daviewat
daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
20 Feb 2005 - 1:45 AM

I have provisionally booked the youth hostel, My wife`s and mine !!!!!!!!!!!, for the night of Saturday 19th November 2005. The plan would be a days shoot on the Saturday. Then an evening of comparing images, as well as a few lectures, demos,instructions of PS etc. Hopefully Andy Currie of www.scottishphototours.com will be here and has said he is more than happy to give a talk on photography in Scotland and share his wealth of experience in the proffesional field.

At the moment I would like notes of interest for this and will print out a small leaflet of the hostel and surrounding areas, but for now look at www.syha.org.uk and check out Rowardennan.

It is self catering but I can organize a night at the local hotel for dinner and drinks and get some some scottish music as well(Saturday)

Initially the cost is 350.00, for the hostel only, food at hotel etc extra and indavidualy paid on night, for the whole hostel (75 beds) on the Saturday night, I have also blanked off the 18th, Friday, so people can arrive here then as well to allow an early Saturday start.

So if any one is interested lets start it off and When I have a beeter idea of numbers I will let you know the cost each. I was thinking approx 20.00 per head, for this we need approx 30 persons. I will provide a desktop with PS cs and if folks bring laptops etc along this would be great as well as someone bringing a digital projector as well.

So lets see some interest in a beer filled photo weekend to remember. It is a stunning location.

Dave

PS wifes/partners etc more than welcome as well.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Feb 2005 - 1:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

daviewat
20 Feb 2005 - 1:55 AM

There is also good scope for indoor work and can try to arrange lighting etc for a small studio like set up inside for portraits etc. Weather should not be an obstacle to us as lots of indoor oppertunities exist.

Dave

daviewat
20 Feb 2005 - 1:57 AM

This is open to all members and the chance of roping some English and possibly overseas members would be a great thing to do.
And of course Pete you must need a break sometimes and I am sure we would all like to meet you personaly and buy you a beer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There cannot be such a chance comes about so often for this type of overnight/2day event/meeting.
We are even only a 40 minute drive from both Glasgow and Stirling and a bit over an Hour from Edinburgh.

Dave

The price structure would be 350.00 devided by the numbers attending. This has to be paid at least 5 weeks prior to arrival, as it is an SYHA hostel and we only work for them. so the more the cheaper it becomes for the weekend.

IanO
IanO  11195 forum posts Scotland
20 Feb 2005 - 5:08 AM

Sounds good to me Dave, even after yesterday!! (actually really enjoyed meeting you all, and the weather was reasonably kind - at least it was dry). Provisionally put me down for 2 (me and the better half).

Ian

daviewat
20 Feb 2005 - 5:35 AM

Thanks Ian for kickit it off,

I`ll keep a spreadsheet of interested parties and it will hopefully fill up over the next few weeks.

Dave

noelyboy
noelyboy  1089 forum posts
20 Feb 2005 - 7:06 AM

Put me down as an interested party - I can't be a definate until nearer the time but it sounds pretty good and your sales pitch is good!!!!

The only down side is having to put up with you lot again....LOL! Just kidding!!!!!

Cheers

Noel

johnc1711
johnc1711  10 Scotland
20 Feb 2005 - 7:53 AM

Sounds like a great weekend. I'd like to be put down as interested (can't confirm till nearer the time!), particularly as I missed out on the Balmaha meet.

John.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
20 Feb 2005 - 8:02 AM

Sounds like a very interesting idea. As others have said, I'd like to express my interest, but can't confirm that I'd be available until much nearer the time. Who knows, maybe by then the chaos at work will have calmed down a bit...or maybe I'll have resigned! Smile

Doug

MikeFisher
20 Feb 2005 - 8:11 AM

Dave , I would be interested too, and a good rest after an early start would be very welcome!
(would probably have to bring the wife along too, to read the map and carry the tripod LOL)
....just Hope she doesnt read this!..
so i am provisionally down for 2 please
Mike

ajm
ajm  10232 forum posts
20 Feb 2005 - 8:40 AM

Hi Dave, Count me in for 2 please.

I should be able to borrow a projector from work for the weekend, and also bring my laptop.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022821 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
20 Feb 2005 - 8:44 AM

Could well be on for this myself.

dcdigital
dcdigital  13
20 Feb 2005 - 8:50 AM

Perhaps even myself!

daviewat
20 Feb 2005 - 9:35 AM

Great all noted.

What I plan is to keep this thread going and in a couple of months will have a leaflet done for this weekend and I`ll get everyone interested to send a letter to the hostel requesting a leaflet. It will contain a booking form with all details of payments etc and then all can send it back no less than 1 month before the weekend with a cheque.

As I said the hostel is booked so even a few last minute folks could still arrive although it is obviously best to know in advance.

Keep it bumped if possible.

Dave

scottishphototours

Nae pressure on poor Andy then, eh Dave ?!!!!!!

I'll need to start preparing for this now by the looks of things. Put me down for a deluxe master suite with jacuzzi bath please.

I'll put it in my diary right now.

Andy.

Paul_Barr
Paul_Barr  9544 forum posts Scotland
20 Feb 2005 - 10:03 AM

I dare say that I could be persuaded Dave.

Paul

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Happy Ending :-)