Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Scottish referendum.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
johnmw
johnmw  1038 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Feb 2014 - 9:59 PM

If Scotland vote to leave the United Kingdom will we need to redesign Union Jack flag.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Feb 2014 - 9:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3649 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2014 - 10:00 PM

You just take the blue out and leave the red and white

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022911 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2014 - 10:04 PM

Might as well leave it in. It'll save time and effort when they vote to rejoin. Wink

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3649 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2014 - 10:06 PM

But would we want to take them back, I think the rest of us could have a referendum to decide

capto
capto e2 Member 21089 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2014 - 10:34 PM

Scotland doesn't want to be ruled by the English from Westminster, but seems keen to be ruled by the EU from Brussels. I am confused.

robthecamman
15 Feb 2014 - 10:35 PM

does anyone understand wats totally involved in this. iv not seen or heard anyone that totally understands wat the end result will be wat ever the out come.will they understand fully wat theyr asked to vote for ?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014794 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2014 - 10:39 PM

They are highly devolved at the moment - yet get to vote on all things that affect England...

Why on earth would they want to lose that

lemmy
lemmy  71833 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Feb 2014 - 11:00 PM

Alex Salmond has lost the plot over this. If he truly wanted independence for Scotland, he wouldn't let the Scots vote at all, he'd hold the referendum in England and let only the English vote.

gwynn56
gwynn56  261 forum posts England
15 Feb 2014 - 11:07 PM

if Scotland decide to leave then hopefully the UK get kicked out of the EU SmileSmileSmile

scottishphototours

Here's a thought to answer your question...

With Alex Salmond as leader of the SNP in the 90's, the talk was ALL about independence. He stood down as leader to take a role at Westminster, saying he could "make a difference" by being based there. John Swinney was his successor and he NEVER discussed independence, though it was a part of the SNP agenda. When Swinney failed and Nicola Sturgeon took over as SNP leader in the Parliament (because Salmond was leader of the SNP party, but not an MSP until re-elected in 2010), she ALSO had other things on her mind than independence, until Salmond started to talk it up once again and he and Sturgeon then brought it into the public domain once again, but this time talking up a referendum that could LEAD to independence.

Confused?? - well let's put it simply. This is one man's fight - no more, no less. One man's attempt at immortality. One man directing a whole country to make a choice THEY NEVER ASKED TO HAVE TO MAKE - EVER (this is a political party's idea, not the Scottish people's idea..), and a man who plays the media fantastically well. A man who has used the media and his political beliefs to steer a course that few were talking about 20 years ago...

The proof of this one man's power and influence is easily answered in this one question - "apart from Salmond, Swinney and Sturgeon, name me another 4 SNP MSP's??" - in truth, fewer than 5% of the Scottish population could answer this question. This proves to me that this road to independence is forged by the few names mentioned, all of whom now share Salmond's power trip.

This is a political party which seems to be at the behest of one man. A man in office who directs, points, prods and manipulates those around him, the media and the voters - a bit like the German Chancellor did for 17 months in 1933. Having been appointed Chancellor by Paul Von Hindenburg, Adolf Hitler used his position to "suggest" the overthrow of Poland and Russia would be good for Germany in the long term. He planted the seed, and we all know what happened after the death of PVH in 1934 when Hitler was eventually made leader of the Nazi party, the party of power in the German parliament...

I personally don't see us having to redesign the Union flag, just yet...

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93452 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2014 - 1:11 AM

I quite agree. It's always struck me that for someone who claims to be anti-monarchy, he'd jump at the chance to become King of Scotland.
Given that he's already managed to seriously deface the capital city of the country he claims to love so much, I seriously hope it doesn't go his way...

daviewat
daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
16 Feb 2014 - 8:13 AM

Quote:

The proof of this one man's power and influence is easily answered in this one question - "apart from Salmond, Swinney and Sturgeon, name me another 4 SNP MSP's??" - in truth, fewer than 5% of the Scottish population could answer this question. This proves to me that this road to independence is forged by the few names mentioned, all of whom now share Salmond's power trip.

Chic Brodie

Pete Wishart

Marco Biagi

Colin Beattie

Keith Brown

Roderick Campbell

Aileen Campbell

Angela Constance ..........................

Want me to go on and on with other SNP MSP`s then ?? Andy ?

Last Modified By daviewat at 16 Feb 2014 - 8:14 AM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014794 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2014 - 8:53 AM

google's great

Evertonian
16 Feb 2014 - 9:13 AM

Quote: Scotland doesn't want to be ruled by the English from Westminster, but seems keen to be ruled by the EU from Brussels. I am confused.

The trouble is, nobody has told the electorate north of the border about that.

What about the defence of Scotland?
Who says the North Sea oil is actually theirs?

They have been told only the good points listed below.

1. ?????

dcash29
dcash29  81904 forum posts England
16 Feb 2014 - 9:31 AM

Quote: This is one man's fight - no more, no less. One man's attempt at immortality.

In my opinion that's the only known truth from the Scottish Independence Issue

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.