Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

screen

27 Mar 2013 1:02PM
hi all,
was thinking of attaching a monitor to my laptop. Anyone else do this ? What spec monitor would be best ? ie: resolution,
cheers
paul

ps. was also thinking of going down the i mac road, but will the huge expense be worth it ?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
27 Mar 2013 1:08PM
I bought a Dell Ultrasharp U2412M, and use it only for photo editing. I use the regular laptop screen for everything else. A great screen. I know others have the 27" version which appears to be equally good picture quality as its little brother.

Malc
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
27 Mar 2013 1:16PM
Generally in hooking a desktop monitor up to a laptop the type of panel the monitor uses would be something to look for. With an IPS screen you can move about fairly freely without the colour and contrast changing, which is universally impossible in laptops (although some laptops are inevitably worse than others in that respect). Beyond that, the spec of the monitor has almost endless potential depending on what you want to spend - a 16:10 aspect ratio is nice for the extra screen space, rather than the skinnier 16:9 that is more common.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2013 1:17PM
I second the Dell 2412 choice - an excellent balance of quality and price
Gaucho e2
13 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2013 3:13PM
I third it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.